Hey 👋 I’m Freddie, Director of Revenue Operations Pinpoint. We’re a high-growth, HR-tech start-up building and selling software that helps in-house recruitment teams attract, hire, and onboard the right talent.
We operate in a congested space, but we feel like the vast majority of organisations aren't recruiting well (at all!), and that nobody has built recruitment software well enough to really make a dent in that problem yet. We're doing what we can to solve that, and whilst we're just getting started, it's going pretty well so far.
- We’re growing fast (> 100% last year)
- We’re moving upmarket and increasing contract size (our largest customer is hiring > 15,000 people/year)
- We have mature policies and procedures across the business (especially in terms of information security)
- This year the sales and marketing team will grow from 8 to 35+ people.
As part of that growth, we’re hiring a Technical Writer to join our Revenue Operations function.
About the Role:
You’ll be responsible for helping us succeed by articulating how we stand out, how we ensure we meet customer technical and security requirements, and ensuring we respond promptly to contract-related legal questions.
You’ll be working on a mix of reactive and proactive projects including:
Reactive (75% of the role)
- Responding to infosec questionnaires covering both our approach to information security and privacy and product capabilities
- Responding to RFPs and writing proposals (spending time with Account Executives and Account Managers to understand what a prospect is looking for and providing a tailored response).
- Providing first-line support for the Sales and Accounts Management team on legal questions relating to our Sales Agreement, and Data Processing Addendum.
- Carry out the setup of subscriptions and changes in our billing system in line with new contracts.
Proactive (25% of the role)
- Reducing the amount of time it takes to respond to RFPs / infosec questionnaires / legal redlines
- Creating and maintaining a library of resources (e.g. information flow diagrams, CVs, responses) that can be used in support of your other responsibilities
- Surfacing ideas that could impact our approach to information security and privacy, or improve our product, to relevant stakeholders (Head of Operations, CTO, Product Manager, etc)
- Monitor and help to ensure deals are correctly constructed for contracting
- Supporting the Operations team with documenting policies and procedures
And here are a few details that might make you say “hell, yeah” or “hell, no”:
- You'll be our only dedicated hire in this space. Whilst I’ll be your manager, you’ll work closely with Dave (our Product Manager), Ellis (our Head of Operations), Bill (our CTO) Tom (our Technical Fellow), and our entire Sales, Marketing, and Account Management team.
- You’ll be heavily responsible for defining the role, creating a strategy, and managing your time. You love being the one to find the answers and create the solutions.
- We’re in a competitive market and win when we go the extra mile with faster and more personalised responses than our competitors. That’s what we need you to help us deliver.
- The workload varies significantly day-to-day and week-to-week depending on what stage our sales opportunities are at.
- Our HQ is in Jersey, UK but we built the company to be remote-first and have a distributed remote team across the UK and US.
Tech stack: Chargbee, HubSpot, Clickup, Google Workplace, Dropbox
- You love writing (and write like you talk, even when writing about technical topics).
- You have some experience in software development or data analytics (even just as a hobby).
- You have experience reviewing and providing feedback on legal documents without support from lawyers.
- You’re commercially astute and clearly see the second and third-order impact of decisions in two key areas:
- Ramifications of changes to legal documents
- Understanding how your response to a query will be perceived by a third party
- Once you identify the second and third-order impact of decisions, you quickly figure out how to mitigate downside risk and are right 95%+ of the time.
- You’re a self-starter and try figuring out a solution yourself before asking someone for the answer.
- You want to work at a high-growth scale-up and know what that entails—building things from scratch, if something needs doing being the one to do it, and ruthlessly prioritising.
- You're excited to help us shape the culture of the company as we grow.
What We Offer:
We’re committed to being an exceptional workplace and company you are proud to work for. To that end, we offer some great benefits, including:
- Gold-plated healthcare: Enjoy the best medical, dental, and optical coverage money can buy. We've got you and your family covered for all eventualities
- Unlimited holidays: Everyone needs a healthy, happy, and productive life without restrictive holiday limits
- Mental health support: Unlimited access to therapists and mental health resources
- 401k plan: We match 100% of your first 3% and 50% of your next 2%
- Flexible, remote working: We want you to work when and where you're most productive, whether you’re an early bird or a night owl
- Meaningful equity: You’ll contribute to the team's success and deserve to share in it. To that end, everyone on our team gets a meaningful equity allocation
- Generous paid parental leave: To help support new parents in the workplace, we offer up to 16 weeks of paid leave
- Professional development: Annual funds are made available to support both your personal and professional development
- Top-of-the-line equipment: We’ll set you up with the right tools to do your best work—starting with a MacBook Pro, 4K monitors, and the right software to get the job done
- A team that cares: You’ll be joining a team of intelligent, capable, and helpful people that want you to win, our clients to be wowed, and our business to grow