Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.
We want people who are passionate about marketing products that millions of developers will love.
We are looking for a motivated, creative, and results-oriented self-starter to join our Product Marketing team. This is a strategic team within DigitalOcean that owns the messaging and positioning for the entire company, drives the Go-To-Market strategy for all products and also works on accelerating the product usage and revenue.
As a Senior Product Marketing Manager, you will have the opportunity to define how we communicate the value of DigitalOcean Kubernetes to hundreds of thousands of customers worldwide. This is a very strategic product for DigitalOcean. It has revolutionized cloud computing and made it a lot simpler for developers, startups and SMBs to build and scale their applications.
You will own the positioning and messaging, develop compelling content to help users understand the value, and drive marketing programs to spread the message globally. This role has a lot of visibility and requires close collaboration with numerous cross functional teams like product management, sales, revenue marketing, brand, developer relations, marketing programs.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Lead a worldwide GTM (go to market) strategy for DigitalOcean Kubernetes, one of the most strategic products at DigitalOcean.
- Develop messaging and positioning that’s simple, differentiated, and easily conveys the value of our products
- Create compelling content for various mediums like product pages, blogs, emails, social media, press releases, white papers, ebooks
- Utilize innovative tactics to increase the adoption of products in the user base post launch
- Serve as the champion for products within the marketing organization
- Lead sales enablement with activities like product training, competitive analysis, etc.
What You’ll Add to DigitalOcean:
- Experience working as a product marketing manager or product manager for technical products
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field, such as computer science, engineering or mathematics. MBA is a plus.
- Experience in cloud computing, Kubernetes, developer tools or services and experience with marketing to developers.
- Proven experience with launching and growing strategic products
- Extraordinary communication skills with track record of navigating complex unstructured cross-functional environments
- Transition seamlessly between strategic level planning and detail-oriented execution
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym stipend to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC and Cambridge, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
*This is a remote role
*Salary range of $88,000-$132,000
*Bonus of 10%
*ESPP employee contribution
*Medical, Dental, Vision offered and costs covered by DigitalOcean up to 90%
*Gym Stipend of $100/month
*Internet/Phone Stipend of $200/month
*401(k) match up to 4% with no vesting
Department: Marketing #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Marketing team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!