Who We Are
In today’s economy, an increasing number of workers are choosing to freelance. By 2027, half the U.S. workforce will be independent contractors. Yet there is no system of record for this vast self-employed community and the legions of businesses that increasingly rely on it. A new paradigm is needed to accommodate the future of work that is suddenly no longer in the future. That is what Wingspan is building.
Wingspan is the first payroll platform designed specifically for independent contractors and their businesses. We make onboarding, payments, and compliance easy for flexible workforces of all sizes. Whether you’re a one-person business or a large enterprise, Wingspan has you covered.
We’re a Series A startup based in NYC with backing from some of the best VCs and operators around, including Andreessen Horowitz (a16z) and the CEOs and founders of Warby Parker, Harry’s, Allbirds, Invision, and Flatiron Health.
Now we're hiring for you: an ambitious leader ready to help build, design, and support enterprise-grade software scaled to millions of individuals.
Are you ready to be part of a team redefining the future of work?Apply now!
Who we're looking for:
Wingspan is looking for a Product Marketing Manager Lead to help lay the foundations for repeatable and consistent People growth. You should be driven, adaptable to change and creative as you help us test out new ideas and find what works in the pursuit of building the best team possible. This is a fantastic opportunity to play a key role in building an organization and culture from the bottom up, and taking our Marketing function to the next level!
What you'll do:
- Know our customers: Telling our story means telling the story of our customers. You’ll develop a deep understanding of their current environments and the outcomes and the contractor payroll API market.
- Create compelling messaging: Distill the value of Wingspan and serve it up to sales teams and product leaders responsible for selling product integrations.
- Showcase our solution: Work with our Product, Design, and Sales teams to successfully launch new products and integrations.
- Enable our Sales team to confidently present our brand and product: You’ll spearhead sales training, collateral, product positioning and competitive differentiation.
- Create original content: You’ll contribute actively to our website, blog, and content strategy. You’ll play a pivotal role in ideating new campaigns and crafting the emails, videos, and presentations that power them.
- Be the first hire on our marketing team
What experience is required?
- 2+ years of product marketing or product management experience, with a track record of mastering technical markets and products.
- Recent hands-on experience marketing software, ideally targeted at finance, operations, or technical teams.
- Cogent writing, speaking and visual storytelling skills. Your work will appear in our blog, on our website, in sales presentations and at events that we host.
- Naturally curious, with an analytical eye and a penchant for an original story angle.
- Ability to craft hypotheses, quantitatively and qualitatively analyze problems, and move quickly to action.
- B2B SaaS and payments product marketing experience preferred
- The cash compensation range for this role is $120,000 - $160,000.
- Actual compensation packages are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, years & depth of experience, certifications. In addition to cash compensation, all employees receive an equity compensation package.
Benefits & Perks
- Unlimited vacation
- Competitive stock option package
- $300 one-time WFH stipend
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Top of the line Mac laptop
- Travel stipend for team off-sites
**We appreciate candidates who are open and honest about what they’re looking for so we can ensure it’s a fit on both sides.**