Discord is the place to hang out with your friends and build community around shared interests. We’re committed to creating a safe, inclusive and welcoming place. That’s why we’re working to make Discord private and safe, by design. As a member of the Consumer Product Marketing team, you will get to be an advocate for all our users and have a key voice in how we communicate our safety and privacy products, principles and policies to the world. You’ll report to the Group Product Marketing Manager for Privacy.
What you’ll be doing:
- Build and manage insight-driven global product marketing campaigns to deliver on our safety and privacy goals
- Develop, write, and manage our library of educational safety and privacy content in the Safety Center
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Product, Eng, Legal, Policy, and Comms to help scale Discord’s privacy products and policies
- Support product development in partnerships with the Community team
- Partner with our marketing research team to deliver user insights that positively influence the product and policy roadmap and marketing strategy
- Drive ongoing measurement and analysis of perception and adoption of privacy features in partnership with Data Science and Marketing Research
What you should have:
- Excited to work in a high-growth environment and culture
- 3+ years of experience launching and scaling consumer tech products globally
- Data-driven and experimental in how you approach and measure your work
- Ability to guide cross-functional teams towards decisions and execution
- Expertise in using qualitative and quantitative data to identify marketing opportunities and measure the success of marketing programs in driving traditional brand metrics and core business results
- Experience working on privacy or safety related products or features
- Experience launching evergreen safety, brand or socially responsible campaigns at social media or messaging platforms
- Additional marketing experience in branding, media, partnerships, or communications
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $114,000 to $122,500 + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role and level. Within the range, individual pay is determined by additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include equity, or benefits.
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision (plus up to $20,000 for gender affirmation procedures)
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 16+ paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO + use-what-you-need sick days
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- Volunteer time off
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees
Discord is a voice, video and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests — from artists and activists, to study groups, sneakerheads, plant parents, and more. With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. Discord was built without selling ads or user data and instead, offers a premium subscription called Nitro that gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations.
We’re working toward an inclusive world where no one feels like an outsider, where genuine human connection is a click, text chat, or voice call away. A place where everyone can find belonging. Challenging? Heck yes. Rewarding? Double heck yes. It’s a mission that gives us the chance to positively impact millions of people all over the world. So if this strikes a chord with you, come build belonging with us!