The Personalization team makes deciding what to play next easier and more enjoyable for every listener. From Blend to Discover Weekly, we’re behind some of Spotify’s most-loved features. We built them by understanding the world of music and podcasts better than anyone else. Join us and you’ll keep millions of users listening by making great recommendations to each and every one of them. We ask that our team members be physically located in Central European time or Eastern Standard/Daylight time zones for the purposes of our collaboration hours.
We are looking for a Product Manager focusing on search relevancy and ranking. Search is a product area consisting of product managers, engineers, designers, and product insights in locations throughout Europe and the eastern US. You will be exploring problems like how we can balance familiarity with discovery, and help creators grow their audience. To achieve this you will work closely with teams within Search, as well as partner teams across R&D, content, and ads.
What you'll do
- Be part of a team, building an outstanding audio search experience.
- Articulate vision and set strategy and roadmap.
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of your team, as a part of Search and Spotify.
- Make sure the team focuses on the most impactful work, helping highly skilled engineers to deliver value.
- Work in a data-informed way, using both qualitative and quantitative research.
Who you are
- You have experience working as a Product Manager for large-scale search, recommendation, or ads products.
- You are up to speed with recent developments in Search and Recommendation systems.
- You are experienced in setting and executing a product backlog, and balancing innovation, with short- and long-term goals.
- You are highly capable of formulating and communicating product vision and strategy, whether it be to your team or to senior stakeholders.
Where you'll be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the EMEA region in which we have a work location and is within working hours:https://lifeatspotify.com/locations
- Working hours? We operate within the Central European and GMT time zones for collaboration and ask that all be located in that time zone.
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service.