On the member experience product management (PM) team, we want to invent entertainment experiences the world can’t live without, connecting people with stories they’ll love. In partnership with colleagues across functions in California and around the world, the team is accountable for making the core Netflix product experience better every day for over 230M members around the world, in 20+ languages and on 1500+ devices. We are responsible for experiences in the Netflix app across all platforms (TV, mobile, tablet, and web), including discovery/browse (shows, movies, and games), player, profiles/kids experiences, and new surfaces.
We are looking for an experienced Product Manager to focus on improving profiles experiences. In success, this Product Manager's work will increase the value members ascribe to Netflix and their personal profile; maximize the chance we surface the best and most personalized recommendations to members; and improve ad targeting and experiences as we scale member growth on ad-supported products.
This role is based in our Los Gatos office (preferred) working in a hybrid model. Also, open to candidates who are based on the West Coast, remote-based. Some travel to our offices will be required.
Who will be successful in this role?
You naturally gravitate towards experimentation as a way to validate your hypotheses while having a healthy skepticism when interpreting experimental results. In order to be successful in this position, you need to be able to work with world-class engineers, have the statistical acumen to collaborate with top-notch data scientists, and the business sense to drive product goals and strategies. You are noted for your ability to synthesize the complex into the simple and persuasive and are able to tell compelling stories with data.
Demonstrated ability to build successful consumer-facing applications, collaborate with technical and non-technical leaders and individual contributors, and a strong feel for movie/TV content are big pluses.
Given the cross-cutting nature of this Product Manager’s areas of responsibility, this person will partner closely with adjacent PM and cross-functional teams, including those focused on monetization, ads and personalization.
Representative areas of focus for this Product Manager include:
- developing a durable identity model oriented around profiles, in partnership with stakeholders across our growth and games PM teams
- profile-level settings and features
- thumbs experiences (e.g., member inputs to improve personalization)
- onboarding experiences, both for new and rejoining members
- novel or improved kids' profile experiences
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to make a big contribution: the Netflix product management model is different from most technology companies. Our key product management leaders - including this position - work with multiple teams but do not have direct reports. Consequently, we’re looking for experienced product leaders who are strategic and also like rolling up their sleeves.
- Big responsibility: Netflix offers true transparency and autonomy. Our culture is unique and is key to how we innovate.
- Learning: You will be creating customer experiences that might not have existed before. You will have the opportunity to work with stunning colleagues who value collaboration and from whom you can learn.
- A work environment where you can grow your career: Many of our top execs started out as individual contributors.
- Experience managing consumer products leveraging with a proven record of prioritizing and successfully launching products or experiences valued by consumers.
- Extensive experience and demonstrated leadership working effectively with designers, data scientists, engineers, statisticians, and colleagues across content and marketing.
- Proven ability to map algorithmic solutions to product problems with demonstrated impact on business metrics through AB testing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to present technical content to non-technical audiences.
- Ability to partner with different functions to ensure that your solutions drive real business impact. Strategic thinking and ability to incorporate larger business context into algorithm and product development.
- We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds will lead to a better environment for our employees and better products for our customers.
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $80,000 - $550,000.
This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here