Back Market is the #1 marketplace for refurbished electronic devices in Europe and in the US, leading the way in a shift towards a circular economy, freeing the planet from electronic waste. We are proud to sabotage ‘new’ by connecting highly certified professionals to consumers who are looking for a more affordable, reliable and an ecological alternative to purchasing brand new products.
Back Market is undergoing meteoric growth and has raised over 434M€ already! We have the objective of reaching 650 Back Makers (or Saboteurs) by the end of 2021!
We are thrilled to have an inclusive, fulfilling and caring work environment in all our offices (Paris, Bordeaux, New-York, Prague, Berlin and Tokyo). This is an opportunity for you to join a talented, humble and passionate team at the heart of innovation.
Be a part of the movement. Join the refurb revolution.
About the job
Do you want to help millions of customers discover Back Market and buy refurbished tech?
We are seeking a seasoned product manager to own, define and develop our product strategy around user traffic generation. Leading the Growth squad, your mission is to maximize the potential of visits to our website and app, free or paid, in all countries.
As part of the Customer experience product tribe, you work very closely with the Engineering, Marketing (SEO / SEA), Product design & Research, and Country teams in order to build the most efficient growth solutions and reach the highest impact on an area that is core to the success of a scale up.
You’ll be responsible for :
- Bringing traffic to the website & the mobile applications (iOS/Android) with all available SEO and online advertising tools... in the most qualitative & cost-efficient manner possible. You will build the right product strategy in order to enable our marketing teams to have the highest impact possible.
- Defining your team's product roadmap along with your main business stakeholders (SEO and Traffic managers) and engineering peers: create, deliver and maintain a list of prioritized solutions and business enablers in order to impact the team’s north star metrics. You’ll be responsible for the full product lifecycle from discovery, problem space, to specifications, delivery and impact measurement.
- Understanding the different context of Back Market according to the countries where we operate in order to adjust our strategy.
- Defining the experience of our customers on our website & mobile applications entry points: HomePage, marketing campaign landing pages, buying guides.
- Advocating for SEO best practices all along the customer journey experience, among the other product managers of the scope.
- Translating Back Market OKRs into a short, medium and long-term vision of your scope, with the help of your Lead Product Manager. You will communicate this vision within your squad and among the product team.
- Being the daily partner of the Engineering Manager of the team in order to optimize the release planning of your scope. Thanks to your ownership, you know how to adjust priorities if necessary, communicate, work closely with engineers to ensure our quality standards and respect our commitments.
You're perfect for this role if :
- A proven experience (3+ years) as a PM working on growth and/or consumer products at scale.
- A passion for growth. A previous experience or good knowledge of SEO.
- A fluency in agile concepts and methodologies.
- Top notch collaborator and good listener who is able to build a positive team culture.
- User centricity and impact driven. You use data to challenge intuitions and make decisions.
- Bonus points if you already have experience working in a marketplace.
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN US ? ✌?
- A meaningful job: through hard work, you will help avoid thousands of tons of electronic waste and fight against planned obsolescence. It counts!
- An attractive salary, equity, multiple benefits (meal tickets, health insurance, etc...), parental benefits, relocation package, internal events, etc…
- Be in an environment where you can make a difference: you will have the freedom to innovate and adopt new ideas!
- Grow your career with a flexible career path, Back Market can help you evolve!
- A booming scale-up: our environment is rapidly growing in Europe, the USA and in Asia!
- We embrace work life balance which includes flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home.
- A lot of fun: you will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, open-minded and friendly environment.
Back Market is an Equal Opportunity Employer for any minority, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.