Alpha Medical is seeking a Product Designer with a passion for patient advocacy and improving the way people access healthcare today. The Product Designer will work collaboratively with our team of designers, product managers and engineers with a strong focus on evolving and enhancing Alpha’s design and processes.
As a Product Designer, you will be part of a small but mighty Experience, Design, and Research team that’s focused on identifying patient experience needs and optimizing our telehealth engagements. You will get experience working with stakeholders from various departments, aligning strategic design processes across teams and platforms, developing design standards for our products, reviewing and suggesting improvements and updates as compared to market standards, and research-driven user needs.
We are mission-driven - We’re changing the paradigm of healthcare for patients who are historically underrepresented due to sex, race, gender, language, economic status, location, disability, and other diverse backgrounds. We empower our Primary Care Providers with a foundation in women’s health to administer patient-centered care throughout a woman’s lifespan.
We put patients first - We prioritize what’s best for our patients, not what’s easier or more profitable. We do whatever it takes to provide excellent care and empower patients to take control of their health.
One team, One Dream - We work together as a team to bring to life our vision of a more just healthcare system. We trust each other, communicate openly and honestly. We give credit where it is due, provide opportunities for employee growth and development, assume good intentions, and celebrate our wins as a team.
Diversity is at our core - Alpha exists to bring a more accessible, equitable system to care for the whole woman regardless of age, income, and location. We are inclusive, welcoming, and value different perspectives.
We are data-driven - Alphanauts love data and value facts over opinions. We use evidence-based science to highlight the clinical value of our mission.
We are proactive and positive - Alphanauts learn by doing and address challenges without waiting or worrying about their scope. We are pragmatic and value progress over perfection. We are optimistic and believe in the power of positivity.
Key areas of ownership that you will drive forward for the organization personally, and collaborating cross-functionally
- Drive user design initiatives with our patients and internal end-users
- Improve the user experience of Alpha’s various platforms
- Contribute to the ongoing development of Alpha’s design system
- Clearly communicate and document design ideas through concise stories, low-fidelity wireframes, medium-fidelity mockups and clickable prototypes
- Create effective user journeys, a world-class consumer experience, and design end-to-end user experiences across different user interfaces and types of interactions
- Contribute to the Experience, Design, and Research team (as well as Product and Technology) and its culture through feedback, thought partnership, and mentoring
- Use your excellent visual, and interactive design skills to take complex systems and distill them into simple user flows and clear visual hierarchy
- Supplement Alpha’s storytelling through effective use of video to guide patients through complex telehealth scenarios
You should bring expertise in these areas and can help to uplevel the team in…
- Creating scalable design that serve various end-users on a two-sided platform, i.e. patients and their care team
- Designing responsive experiences across mobile, tablet, and desktop platforms with a “design once, publish anywhere” mindset
- Fluency in modern design tools (we use Figma)
- Extensive experience visualizing, owning, and executing the creation of a product from initial concepts and wireframes to collaborating with product and engineers on implementation in an agile environment
- Background in healthcare, with a preference for patient-facing engagement
- User research and user testing best practices
- Data-driven approach to problem-solving, designing solutions, measuring their impact, and iterating based on results
- Experience with Adobe Premiere Pro or equivalent video editing software
30 Day View: Learning & Immediate Impact
- Intro: Meet with Product, Design, Marketing, Technology, QI, and Legal
- Evaluate the design of Alpha’s platforms, understanding both the patient-facing and the clinician/support interfaces
- Complete our onboarding program
- Gain an understanding about how your role fits into Alpha Medical’s broader organization
- Get to know the processes, tools, and systems the design team uses
- Engage with Design team members to assess responsibilities and begin to take on work
- Understand the current product roadmap
- Evaluate opportunities for video engagement
60 Day View: Process Improvement
- Participate in weekly design reviews and give feedback on other team members' in-progress work
- Deeply understand our users and their needs through participation in a user research sessions
- Talk directly with marketing, product, engineering and sales to learn about the challenges they face
- Proactively identify and unblock knowledge-sharing and communication challenges to unlock a scalable design organization
- Learn about the customer journey by observing sales and customer success interactions. You’ll become familiar with the personas in the buying process and use of the product, and what their backgrounds and needs are
- Know every corner of our app. You’ll get a sense of our strengths and identify opportunities for improvement
- Help prioritize Design work on Alpha’s Product roadmap
- Design components
90 Day View: Scaling processes and innovation
- Help to define Alpha’s Design roadmap
- Evolve our Design standards to address B2B Enterprise level features
- Demonstrate improved Design velocity
- Present on Design best practices to Product, Engineering and beyond
- Work with the team to do design competitive research as input to the roadmap
- Lead Design improvement initiatives as identified above, with clear tracking and outcomes
- Competitive salary
- Equity Grant
- Working Remotely
- Vacation Time Off
- Health, dental, and vision
- 401k retirement savings plan with company matching
- Free Alpha Membership
- Being a part of a collaborative team that is actively increasing affordable access to healthcare for all persons
Alpha Medical Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.