Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
As Product Design Manager for Creator Studio, you'll play a critical role in leading design and vision for our suite of creation tools and services. You will own end-to-end design for our core Studio product, working collaboratively with product managers, researchers, data scientists and engineers to define AI-powered workflows and improve existing creation and coding tooling to be intuitive and delightful to use.
You'll be actively involved in defining UX strategy, future vision, goals, success metrics, roadmap, and sprint commitments. You'll optimize resources across product teams and manage our experienced design team. You'll guide the team, nurture talent and lead with transparency to foster a collaborative culture of design excellence.
Reporting to the Director of Product Design, this is a high visibility role, where you'll make an impact that sparks imagination and enables creators around the world to build incredible experiences.
- Create outstanding user experiences for a diverse global audience through seamless cross-product journeys, engaging learning experiences, and delightful interactions that align with our mission.
- Develop design talent on the team to improve on the quality and professional growth for the team.
- Present design strategy to executive leaders.
- Manage end-to-end feature design with an ability to translate abstract ideas into viable product features.
- Work with Product and Engineering to represent the design team, facilitate design discussions, and give concise feedback on planning and product direction.
- Partner with the Engineering team to provide a high-quality implementation of delightful product experiences.
- Work in close collaboration with the Design leadership team to evolve design processes and foster a culture of inclusion, collaboration and innovation.
- You will report to the Director of Product Design
- Experienced with 7+ years of professional work experience in a design leadership with a Bachelor's degree in HCI, Interaction Design, Ergonomics, or equivalent work experience.
- Practiced in designing for technical domains, such as productivity tools, developer tools or designing for large-scale platforms, and complex software applications.
- A Manager who will grow a team of product designers by setting crisp goals, evolving our design practice, building team culture, and a leader who guides the team to best possible solution
- A Leader who thrives on cross-functional collaboration and actively works to improve the people, product, and process on your team and beyond.
- A Systems Thinker that advocates for holistic and connected user experiences.
- A Problem Solver who has a tuned thought process that yields creative solutions to big challenges across end-to-end learning journeys.
- A storyteller. You are effective at communicating with engineers, product managers and executives.
- Investigative and inquisitive about product goals from both a company's and user's perspective, promoting a learning culture both within the Product Design team and the larger Roblox organization.
- Execution Focused and well versed in the development lifecycle, can navigate complex engineering environments and identify dependencies across feature areas.
- Creative and produce designs and patterns that are cohesive with the rest of Roblox's products.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.