Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
Principal Product Designer, Growth
At Roblox, the Growth group runs point on the front-door to the metaverse. As a Principal Product Designer for Growth, there's no shortage of opportunity to lead and de-risk innovation through experimentation, while overhauling core discovery experiences like the homepage, search and notifications. In addition to connecting people to rich metaverse experiences, we are exploring how we can empower our growing, global user base to create and express themselves. At Roblox, we focus on the long view — with that privilege comes the responsibility and expectation that you're able to plan and accomplish a vision. On this team you'll practice both the art and science of design, balancing business and user needs as you set a vision for your team, collaborate with and leading understanding across multiple product and design teams at Roblox. Your work will have a lasting impact as we "reimagine the way people come together" and embark on our mission to "connect a billion people with optimism and civility."
- Create world-class user experiences for a global audience through mindful flows, systematic layouts, and delightful interactions
- Manage end-to-end feature design with an ability to translate abstract ideas into viable product features
- Work with Product and Engineering partners to represent the design team, facilitate design discussions, and give feedback in planning and product channels
- Collaborate with Design and Product leadership to define your features and contribute to the direction of your product area
- Partner with Engineering to provide a high-quality implementation and user experience
- Work in close collaboration with Design leadership to improve design processes
- Interview new Product Designers and inform our inclusive design hiring process
- Report to the Director of Product Design, Growth
- Experienced with 7+ years of professional career experience as a UX or product designer with several years operating in a lead capacity or at a principal level. You have a Bachelor's degree in HCI, Interaction Design, Instructional Design, or equivalent work experience.
- A Leader who manages design quality and cohesion across your area of expertise, while engaging with other designers to help them grow.
- Collaborative, sharing work early and often and encouraging peers to look for constructive feedback from their manager, partners, teams, and the Product Design team.
- A Systems Thinker that advocates for holistic and connected user experiences.
- A Problem Solver who has a tuned thought process that yields creative solutions to big challenges across end-to-end learning journeys.
- A compelling storyteller who can articulate new concepts clearly through verbal, written, and visual communication. Communicate your ideas effectively through journey maps, wireframes, user flows, and prototypes.
- Investigative and inquisitive about product goals from both a company's and user's perspective, promoting a learning culture both within the Product Design team and the larger Roblox organization.
- Creative in innovating to produce designs and patterns that are cohesive with the rest of Roblox's products.
- Motivated and always expanding your skills by looking for new tools and techniques
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.