Braintrust is the only network that gives in-demand talent all the freedom of freelance with all the benefits, community and stability of a full-time role. As the first decentralized talent network, our revolutionary Web3 model ensures the community that relies on Braintrust to find work are the same people who own and build it through the blockchain token, BTRST. So unlike other marketplaces that take 20% to 50% of talent earnings, Braintrust allows talent to keep 100% of earnings and to vote on key changes to improve the network. Braintrust is working to change the way freelance works – for good.
- JOB TYPE: Direct Hire Position (no agencies/C2C - see notes below)
- LOCATION: Remote - Work from anywhere (Time Zone: EST | Full day overlap)
- SALARY: $114,000 – $122,000/yr
- ESTIMATED DURATION: 40hr/week - Long term
What We’re Looking For
- 6+ years of design experience in a team environment who has experience contributing to complex digital service projects and navigating stakeholder relationships.
- 2+ years experience working in a fully remote team environment or remote freelancing.
- Senior-level digital Product Designer adept at simplifying complex processes into user-friendly workflows and interfaces.
- Ability to integrate and collaborate across design research, product management, and engineering disciplines to identify priorities and create a shared understanding as it relates to the UX and broader product direction.
- Strong understanding of information architecture.
- Experience using modern design platforms, and tools and working in design systems (such as Sketch, Figma, and Mural), agile methodologies, and toolsets such as GitHub and Backlog management tools to create user stories.
- Experience with prototyping at different levels of fidelity and using the right tool to drive the project forward, from card sorts to paper / hand-drawn wireframes, to mid and higher-fidelity digital prototyping.
- Fluent in accessibility standards and ability to design according to established design systems.
- Experience conducting usability test sessions and evaluative feedback sessions.
- Excellent ability to communicate with and collaborate with project stakeholders and SMEs to establish support and buy-in as part of product decision-making and direction setting.
- Proficiency as a designer who can draw upon a breadth and depth of experience in at least four of the following capabilities: user research, UX, interaction design, service design, visual design, content design, design systems, user testing, and/or UI.
- A consultative approach with an ability to understand client expectations, work as a team, and be accountable for delivering against user needs.
- Advocacy for using human centered design methodologies and practices to ensure accessibility.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams of product managers, engineers and designers/researchers to ensure deployments map to user needs, and desired product outcomes.
- Strong communication, collaboration and problem solving skills.
- A growth mindset and love of learning both new ideas and ways of working, architecting radically collaborative environments that drive behaviors needed to transform experiences, and a willingness to ask for help early and often.
- An empathetic approach to conversations with users, clients, partners and MO team members.
- Nice to have: experience working on federal government systems (VA experience preferred).
What you’ll be working on
MO helps government leaders achieve their mission by designing intuitive and sustainable customer experiences that build trust and improve satisfaction. We use human-centered design to modernize and transform customer and employee experiences. We’re a small team of interdisciplinary creatives with mission, impact, and service to others deeply rooted in our DNA. We’re naive enough to believe we can change the world and bold enough to take the chance to do it.
We combine design thinking with agile delivery methods to drive visionary, human-centered products to market. Our custom solutions range in size from completely revamping an entire application to refreshing small pieces of a larger product. Everyone at MO directly impacts the direction and success of the company, and we own our roles. We value integrity, curiosity, and courage, and we operate collaboratively and with accountability while consistently challenging each other in the pursuit of excellence. At MO, we delight in creating one-of-a-kind products and experiences. Your imagination is the only limit on what you can do here!
Are you looking to make an impact? We are looking for a UX Designer to support our client at the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), which is focused on modernizing the digital health experience for the largest healthcare system in the nation from a REMOTE location. This role will focus on developing product-driven approaches to support our work with VA and across the government. If you have experience integrating human-centered design practices into the deployment of impactful, scalable digital services we’d love to hear from you.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of product managers, engineers, and designers/researchers to deliver positive, accessible, and impactful user experiences.
- Using relevant human-centered design methods, develop and lead approaches to the discovery that establish research objectives, directly involve users, and provide stakeholders with a deeper understanding of the environment (and its opportunities and constraints) as well as the key problems to solve.
- Design, test, and rapidly iterate on prototypes to evaluate assumptions with users, demonstrate fixes for their issues, and get us closer to the envisioned service delivery state.
- Create deliverables that drive the product vision, using a mix of design systems, research findings, wireframes, sitemaps, flowcharts, storyboards, user stories, personas, and journey maps.
- Participate in peer reviews with other designers and provide/receive direct and actionable feedback that empowers continuous learning and improvement.
- Proactive capturing of user insights, design opportunities, and translation into the documentation of user stories and product requirements.
- Commit to inclusive and accessible product designs and builds.
MO's Employee Value Proposition
- A fun, dynamic working environment with an energetic and diverse team
- A REMOTE first work environment
- An inclusive culture where everyone is welcome
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience
- Opportunities for career growth
- Full health benefits (85% medical premiums for employees and dependents, dental, vision)
- 401K plan unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Short- and Long-Term Disability in addition to Life Insurance (company sponsored)
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.