Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We mean it when we say we want to create a diverse and inclusive workplace where we value all different types of experiences and want to create a space and culture where you feel like you belong.
We know it can be a tricky time applying for roles, wondering if the role is right for you and if you and your experience are right for the role too. Many people won’t apply for roles unless they feel that they tick every single box. At Canva we look for many different skills and abilities and we’re always looking for how new team members can add to Canva and our culture. So if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 75 million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 2,800 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Be a Force for Good
We’re driven by our values, with our ‘Be a Force for Good’ value supporting everything that we do. Through your work on our product or team, and our community initiatives and sustainability programs, you’re given the opportunity to come to Canva and make a tangible difference to the lives of others in your day-to-day life. In addition to our Founder’s 30% Pledge, Canva is committed to Pledge 1% and actively encourage our team to participate in many ways, including taking paid volunteer leave.
Your journey with Canva could take you to places that you might not even imagined yet. There’s opportunity around every corner and the support to help you achieve your goals. Join us and design your future.
About the team
Canva’s China User Voice team is on a mission to deliver scalable, world class support to millions of users in China. Launch an AI/ML chat bot experience that will help people find the answers they need, faster.
Help and support, especially at scale, is a complex and exciting problem space. This team is responsible for unlocking how we can deliver exceptional customer experience through streamlined and scalable systems and an optimized contact flow.
What you’ll do (Responsibilities)
- Content Design: You’ll craft UX copy that helps Canva users to collaborate without the headaches. You’ll also work with the rest of the Content Design team to solve problems we’re all facing, so we can continue to build a robust, thriving specialty.
- Help content writing: You’ll use your UX writing skills and user experience principles to craft useful and relevant help content so people find an answer to their questions. This content might appear across our help touch points, including the Help Center, Assistant and chat bot.
- Results: Your frictionless and friendly copy isn’t just for show – it’ll move the needle on the metrics that matter at Canva.
- Collaboration: You’ll bring design, PMs, engineers and researchers together to find the best solutions for our users. Translation: You’ll use your English skill to translate the help content to Chinese on Smartling.
What we're looking for
- You’re a mid level Help Content Writer who’s got a proven track record of solving complex problems, ideally in the tech/SaaS industry. This means you have at least 2-3 years of content design or UX writing experience.
- You have incredible writing chops and an impressive content design portfolio, and are a stickler for brand voice, consistency and style.
- You know how to work independently, but you also love collaborating with people from different disciplines and sharing the power of content design.
- You’ve got a good balance between big-picture thinking and nailing the details.
- You’re not afraid of complex problems – in fact, that’s where you thrive.
- You know how to get buy-in from key stakeholders. You’ve got a track record of bringing people on the journey with you – they know what’s changing and why.
- You like to move quickly, and aren’t afraid of fast growth and rapid change. Canva is growing faster than you can imagine – which means solutions that worked 6 months ago might break. You’re up for that challenge.
- You know how to prioritize ruthlessly and handle responsibilities for a wide number of projects – focusing your attention on the areas that matter most.
What the candidate will learn and how will they develop at Canva
- The opportunity for growth is huge – creating company-wide solutions, and seeing them through long-term.
- You’ll be able to work in a fast-moving environment and see how your ideas work at scale.
- We want this to be a mutually rewarding relationship, so we’ll support your growth and development throughout your time at Canva.
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and together we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, we recognise that every single person is unique and our Canvanaut benefits aim to ensure we cater for all.
Our benefits include:
• Unique and flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• An inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey to support work-life balance.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development. It could be anything, from a Masterclass subscription, to an electronic stand-up desk, a pilates membership, or dinner out with a teammate. Because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• We have virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs, Fitness Classes and other benefits to support your physical, mental, and social wellbeing.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.