Fanatics is the ultimate one-stop sports fan destination that ignites and harnesses the passion of fans and maximizes the presence and reach for preeminent sports partners globally. Leveraging long-standing, often exclusive relationships with more than 900 sports properties, a database of more than 90 million consumers worldwide and a trusted brand name, Fanatics is furthering its innovation across the sports landscape by building the leading global digital sports platform, complete with offerings including e-commerce and licensed merchandise, physical and digital trading cards and collectibles, and online sports betting and iGaming.
The Fanatics family of companies currently includes Fanatics Commerce, a vertically-integrated licensed merchandise business that has changed the way fans purchase their favorite team apparel, jerseys, headwear and hardgoods through a tech-infused approach to making and quickly distributing fan gear in today’s 24/7 mobile-first economy; Fanatics Collectibles, a transformative company that is building a new model for the hobby and giving collectors an end-to-end physical and digital collectibles experience; and Fanatics Betting & Gaming, a mobile betting, gaming and retail sportsbook platform.
As a market leader with more than 10,000 employees, and hundreds of partners, suppliers, and vendors worldwide, we take responsibility for driving toward more ethical and sustainable practices. We are committed to building an inclusive Fanatics community, reflecting and representing society at every level of the business, including our employees, vendors, partners and fans. Fanatics is also dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities where we all live, work, and play through strategic philanthropic initiatives.
At Fanatics, we’re a diverse, passionate group of employees aiming to ignite pride and passion in the fans we outfit, celebrate and support. We recognize that diversity helps drive and foster innovation, and through our IDEA program (inclusion, diversity, equality and advocacy) at Fanatics we provide employees with tools and resources to feel connected and engaged in who they are and what they do to support the ultimate fan experience.
Create conceptual design sketches which convey body, styling, fit intent, fabrics, trims, and colors. Execute the design and development of product based on creative direction, product brief and line plan. Work closely with Apparel Design manager and team to create consistent storytelling across leagues and brands. Collaborate with cross-functional teams including Graphic Design, Product Development, Sourcing and Merchandising on complete product strategy to meet financial targets.
- Create design sketches utilizing Adobe Illustrator which convey body, styling, fit intent, fabric, trim and color
- Support and have some oversight of the design and development of seasonal, replenishment and special event lines
- Will be an integral partner with Merchandising, Sourcing and Product Development teams to create a smooth transition between initial concepts and final products
- Strong knowledge of trends, consumer insights, new opportunities, and competition
- Must have a consumer-focused mindset with an understanding of needs and ability to translate into product design
- Work closely with Materials and Product Development teams to ensure design intent is carried through to final product
- Responsible for balancing brand identity rules with creative opportunities in order to elevate the league brands as well as Fanatics Brands through visual storytelling
- Provide unique insight into relevant market trends with a point of view on commercial viability of styles with a consumer-focused mindset
- Work cross-functionally across all teams and departments and maintains a professional and positive attitude with both internal and external clients
- Understand and follow company policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s Degree in Apparel Design, Merchandising, or related field with 2-4 years professional experience; 4+ years of professional experience in Apparel Design is acceptable without a degree.
- Portfolio of previous work required.
- Strong skill set and knowledge of apparel design, fabrics, trims, garment styling and construction techniques
- Intermediate knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign with an awareness of the latest creative software programs, techniques, and applications
- Functional knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and project management systems
- Strong written and verbal communication both internally and externally
- Must be results focused and highly detail oriented
- Demonstrate a professional and positive attitude with internal and external clients with an openness to new ideas and differing opinions
- Must have strong organizational skills in order to troubleshoot and manage multiple projects
- Familiarity with U.S. Sports and Licensed properties with a passion for great product and design
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work under pressure and deliver projects under tight deadlines.
- Sports fan a plus
- Ability to travel up to 15% of the job
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Feel free to ask your recruiter for a phone call or other type of communication for interview, and ensure your communication is coming from a Fanatics or Fanatics Brand email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
Fanatics is committed to responsible planning and purchasing (RPP) practices, working with its business partners across its global and multi-layered supply chain, to ensure that planning, sourcing, and purchasing decisions, along with other supporting processes, do not impede or conflict with the fulfillment of Fanatics’ fair labor practices.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS/APPLICANTS