Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity, assuming candidates have eligible working rights and a sufficient timezone overlap with their team. As our offices re-open, Atlassians can choose to work remotely or return to an office, unless it’s necessary for the role to be performed in the office. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
With a sufficient timezone overlap with the team, we’re able to hire eligible candidates for this role from any location in Australia and New Zealand. If this sparks your interest, apply today and chat with our friendly Recruitment team further.
Do you live and breathe research, love working with people, and thrive on applying insights to influence product design and strategy? Atlassian is searching for a Researcher to join our growing global team.
Partnering with our Agile and DevOps product Teams, your mission will be to empower customers to get their work done, and product teams to make evidence based decisions. This will see you working across teams and geographic locations, using your research to influence Product Leadership teams and product teams alike.
We have more than 10M users all around the world—and teams (massive and small) depend on our software to do their work. Organizations like NASA, Twitter, and LinkedIn use Atlassian products everyday; our Research & Service Experience team is at the heart of helping uncover what makes these teams work well together.
As a Researcher at Atlassian, you will:
- Conduct research using a variety of methods both generative and evaluative, to help us understand how to improve our products.
- Partner with key stakeholders across product management, design, marketing, analytics and data science, and engineering to influence product and platform design and direction.
- Draw on other research programs and specialities within the wider team to bring additional depth and reliability to your insights, and effectively represent user research in key product discussions.
- Develop a deep understanding of how teams work together in all kinds of industries, all around the world.
- Share insights across your team in creative ways to help them understand the needs of our customers and users, inform design decisions, and improve the usability of our products.
- Evangelise research and contribute to the development of strong and innovative research practice across Atlassian.
On day one, we expect you to have:
- Experience of hands-on experience designing and conducting user research that has had an impact. We expect to hear stories of how your research influenced roadmaps and informed design decisions.
- Experience with a variety of qualitative (and perhaps quantitative) research techniques (remote and in-person), along with knowledge of when, why, and how to apply them. We value your ability to be creative when thinking about the research problem you're trying to solve, and your ability to bring your team along on the journey of your discoveries.
- Proficiency in processing and analysing research results, to generate actionable strategic and tactical recommendations.
Preferred if you also have:
- A demonstrated ability to design, execute, and explain high quality mixed-methods (qual and quant) research, and to synthesise results across multiple methods.
- Professional experience in product research, preferably for a commercial B2B, B2C, or SaaS product, with a track record of your research being presented to influence experience design and direction.
More about our team
You'll be joining a smart and passionate team of mixed methods researchers, spread across the globe. We work together to continuously improve our craft as researchers and our ability to support Atlassian to build better experiences for our customers and users. We have a mix of foundational, product and survey research programs that allows us to both follow the users' journey wherever it may take us, as well as having deep impact at the product level. It's all about improving our users' experience no matter who or where it is.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Atlassian is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to all individuals participating in the application and interview process, and while performing job functions. Please note that you will have the opportunity to request accommodations at each stage of the assessment process. To request accommodations before scheduling an interview, please reach out to atlassian-[email protected]
and someone will follow up shortly.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can rock the role, we’d love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub