Our mission 🚀
Founded in 1999, Scaleway, the cloud of choice, helps developers and businesses to build, deploy and scale applications to any infrastructure. Located in Paris, Amsterdam and Warsaw, Scaleway’s complete cloud ecosystem is used by 25,000+ businesses, including European startups, who choose Scaleway for its multi-AZ redundancy, smooth developer experience, carbon-neutral data centers and native tools for managing multi-cloud architectures. With fully managed offerings for bare metal, containerization and serverless architectures, Scaleway brings choice to the world of cloud computing, offering customers the ability to choose where their customer’s data resides, to choose what architecture works best for their business, and to choose a more responsible way to scale.
Our journey 💡
We want all our actions and decisions to bring us closer to achieving our vision: building and scaling technologies that make sense to us, to our customers and their end users. Scaleway is the challenger nobody’s expecting.As our business scales, the customers and developers we serve are increasingly diverse and global. Giving them an unbeatable experience is central to our business strategy and value proposition. To better understand them, we've discovered that the best way to deliver the highest value and performance is by incorporating a well-rounded team that leverages diverse perspectives, knowledge, skills, and cross-cultural understanding.
Our values 💜
Singularity: We do it our own way.
Community: One company, one culture
Adventure: Level up if you dare, never stop innovating.
Leadership: Be the leader you want to follow.
Excellence: We want to be customers' first choice as a cloud provider.
Rock Solid: You can always count on us!
About the job
Scaleway is looking for a Product Manager to handle our Dedibox products.
Reporting to the Lead Product Manager of IaaS, you will be responsible for the hardware offering and features of our Dedibox family of bare metal products. This includes defining the underlying hardware and the interactions between our users and all the functionalities spanning the HW and the OS for the servers. Also, you will manage the Dedibox console handling: offer selection, account management, billing, and support services.
Collaborating with the Engineering Manager and your fellow PMs, your mission will be to bring value to Scaleway's clients with your products. You will be their primary point of contact within your team at Scaleway and externally for any product-related concern.
- Own the vision, mission, and strategy for Scaleway’s Dedibox products
- Excellent communication: You’ll be at the center of many products and will need to create tight and meaningful relationships with different stakeholders
- Work with the Hardware R&D team to survey the latest trends and opportunities to build new, cost-effective, products
- Lead research to understand the competition and user needs and propose differentiating hardware products
- Build the hardware product roadmap, including end-of-life and replacement strategy
- Write hardware product requirements, Time To Market, and business plans
- Prioritize product developments in coordination with the product engineering team
- Partner with our Engineering and Operations departments to deliver quality hardware products on schedule
- Follow up on hardware deployments to ensure the timely availability of new hardware products for Software Product teams
- Monitor stock usage, plan supply, and follow up on deployments accordingly
- Experience as a product manager (3-5 years), including product strategy and discovery
- Experience with hardware products and affinity with hardware-related topics (server components technologies, SAN, switches and networking, and more)
- Demonstrated ability to work with engineering teams (DevOps, SRE, hardware) on a daily basis
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize and prioritize complex problems involving multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to build a fruitful relationship with customers, in order to understand and prioritize product requirements
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, manage dependencies, and keep track of deliverables’ due dates
- Excellent command of English and French
- Good knowledge of data center server hardware and virtualization
- Experience with hardware logistics and deployment in data centers
- Knowledge of the cloud market and our competitors’ offerings
- Understanding of software development, especially API/backend
Based in our offices in Paris or in Lille, partial remote is possible
Screening call (30 mins) with Diane PAUL - Talent Acquisition Manager
Manager Interview (60 mins) with Victor RAMIRO - Lead Product Manager of IaaS Products
Case of study: home assignment or live discussion about Product Management practices (60 mins) with other Product Managers
Team Interview: Engineering Manager (45 minutes)
HR Interview (45 mins) with Diane PAUL- Talent Acquisition Manager
On average our process lasts 2-3 weeks and offers usually follow within 48 hours 🤞
Important note: if you don't see yourself ticking all the boxes don't hesitate to apply anyway. Don't limit yourself to a job description, you never know!