MBA Intern: Product Operations
Stripe is a technology company that builds ecommerce infrastructure for the internet. Businesses of all sizes, new startups to larger companies like Yelp and Facebook, use our software to accept payments and scale their businesses.
Product Operations builds the connective tissue between product and user-facing teams, increasing leverage, so that Stripe can ultimately deliver more value to more users, faster. Our team is situated on the Tech Org at Stripe and Product Operations Managers are embedded directly with product and engineering teams on the company’s top priority betas and launches. They are responsible for building strong connections with user-facing teams (support, sales, account management, etc), ensuring a tight product feedback loop, and coordinating smooth, high-quality feature launches. In some cases, Product Operations Managers will also work directly with top users, learning more about their use cases and problems as they help them get more out of the product. Product Operations is a highly cross-functional role, and is a critical lever for Stripe to deliver on our mission.
We’re hiring MBA interns to focus on our Financial Services businesses - in particular our Banking as a Service and Embedded Finance initiatives.
As a Product Operations MBA intern you may find yourself:
- Collecting, quantifying & prioritizing product-related challenges to be considered by product and engineering in future development. Uplevelling the understanding of how Stripe's products (or future products) are used in the real world.
- Developing novel processes & tools and sharing your thought leadership on how to run efficient betas and launches at Stripe
- Identifying and actively building connections with relevant subject matter experts across the company to surface insights, to get them excited about what our product teams are building, and to pave the way for smoother future rollouts
- Collaborating on top company priority user betas, launches, and global rollouts (in partnership with product marketing, user operations, account management, product training, and others)
You may be a fit if:
- You are currently enrolled in a Master of Business Administration program
- You have past experience working in product operations, product management, or an operational role that worked closely with product and engineering teams
- You have a passion for delivering an outstanding user experience and can develop a deep understanding of a complex product and its use cases
- You enjoy digging deep into the data, analyzing user feedback and using these insights to drive product improvements
- You have a talent for building empathy for user problems - you’ve joined and led user calls, worked with user-facing teams to understand user experience, or have experience running user research.
- You are an awesome project and program manager with a track record of leading and proactively managing end-to-end execution of projects/programs
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills and are great at explaining highly technical topics to technical and non-technical audiences
- You have a can-do attitude and ability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously
Nice to have (or excited to learn):
- Experience with SQL or a willingness/aptitude to learn
- Computer Science background or affinities
- Experience in a high growth technology company
- Experience in the payments space
- Experience in strategy consulting or finance
“Nice to have” really means “nice to have”. It’s completely possible that you don’t have any of these and are still a great fit for the team.