Braintrust is the only network that gives in-demand talent all the freedom of freelance with all the benefits, community and stability of a full-time role. As the first decentralized talent network, our revolutionary Web3 model ensures the community that relies on Braintrust to find work are the same people who own and build it through the blockchain token, BTRST. So unlike other marketplaces that take 20% to 50% of talent earnings, Braintrust allows talent to keep 100% of earnings and to vote on key changes to improve the network. Braintrust is working to change the way freelance works – for good.
- JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position (no agencies/C2C - see notes below)
- LOCATION: Remote - United States only
- HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $100 – $125/hr
- ESTIMATED DURATION: 40h/week - Long-term
UX Writing / Content Design role. This is not a content marketing role.
Experience leading teams or leading strategies or projects, with the ability to influence with storytelling and confidence.
What you’ll be working on
Our client's mission is to power global travel for everyone, everywhere. Within the Experience Design organization (XD) is their global, cross-disciplinary team uniting user experience design, content design, and research to enable innovative, relevant, and cohesive experiences that serve the needs of all their travelers, partners, and agents.
We’re looking for a motivated Content Designer III to help us envision and deliver delightful customer experiences for travelers booking hotels and vacation rentals. We work on a global scale for multiple brands, across devices and platforms, in a diverse and collaborative environment.
Key Activities and Responsibilities
- Demonstrate strong knowledge and skills in writing content for digital products.
- Coordinate bringing together different stakeholders with varied perspectives to develop solutions to user problems and contribute your own suggestions.
- Understand complex content systems and apply platform-scale content strategy thinking
- Apply holistic, customer-focused approaches to drive the content strategy in their discovery and landing experiences
- Identify and use scalable frameworks (e.g., matrixes and other structured documentation) to tackle structural problems with product content.
- Use human-centered design methods to design, craft, and test content solutions that address real customer challenges.
- Orchestrate a clear and compelling voice and tone — even if you don’t own all the content — across complex product areas.
- Use both qualitative and quantitative insights and business analytics to drive content insights and solutions.
- Partner across teams to improve the accessibility, inclusion, readability, and translatability of product content.
- Actively seek diverse feedback on work and anticipate feedback to address it proactively.
- Tailor communications (content focus, style, format, etc.) for different audiences as appropriate.
- A thoughtful, empathetic, and inclusive approach to content design that meets every user where they are.
- Increased focus on content problems across systems and product areas.
- Strong skills in facilitation, presentation, and storytelling, and the ability to communicate compelling rationale and narratives to your team and partners.
- A passion for travel and for their mission.
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates your skills. They're especially interested in seeing examples of work you've done for Android and iOS apps, and if you have experience working in a platform or two-sided marketplace, it's a definite plus!
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field; or equivalent related professional experience in core skills such as UX writing, content audits and analysis, content mapping and modeling, content planning and sourcing, information architecture, and storytelling.
- At least 5 years of related professional experience as a content designer or content strategist
- Able to audit, analyze, structure, create, and present content independently using established frameworks.
- Understanding of human-centered design (HCD) practices.
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.