At Level, we believe using your benefits should be as easy as buying a cup of coffee. We’re unlocking the full value of compensation by rebuilding benefits as a simple payments experience — fast, flexible, and transparent. Our mission is to empower people to build better financial futures, and we’re accomplishing that by transforming the status quo of benefits.
Level is a B2B2C fintech company comprised of a diverse team from industry-leading companies like Square, Oscar, Google, Uber, and Airbnb. Together, we’re creating a new payments tech stack to help employers offer more accessible and personalized benefits for their teams — and this is just the beginning.
At Level, collaboration is our superpower. By leveraging each other’s strengths and curiosity, we’ve been able to build a best-in-class product, culture, and business. Plus, our employee benefits are so awesome that we let our customers buy them too.
What You'll Do:
- Lead our engineering efforts for a large area that is important to the success of the company like consumer experience, or payments platform
- Work with teams to define their team's vision, strategy and goals by clarifying and maintaining consistency with larger organizational goals
- Mentor engineers and engineering leads on their technical skills, strategy, collaboration and leadership so they can actualize their career goals
- Collaborate with other teams like product, sales and customer success in the company for Level's product direction and execution
- Implement processes that move efficiency and quality
- Plan for growth of their organization and scale the team
- Facilitate engineering culture with retrospectives, postmortems, lunch and learn meetings, and coding standards
Who You Are:
- 10+ years hands on technical experience
- 5+ years management experience
- Experience leading product teams at a company with engineering-driven culture with an emphasis on user experience
- Built products for multiple audiences using shared foundations while being creative
- Have great product and design intuition
- Scaled and grown well-managed teams
- Experience working with product and business stakeholders on large projects
- Enjoy helping other engineers develop their engineering skills
- Experience with at least one programming language (Go, Java, Kotlin, Python, Ruby, etc.)
- Experience working with private and sensitive information
- A passion for collaboration and helping people make better decisions around their healthcare
- Expertise building culture of innovation, ownership, and accountability
These are some of the technologies we use today. You don’t need to be familiar with all of these—many people on our team learned them with us. During our interview process, you’re welcome to use any language you’re most comfortable with.
- Protobuf / gRPC
- React / React Native
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Remote first, with an office in NYC as an option to come in
- 100% paid medical for you and 80% for your dependents, 100% covered dental and vision through Level for you and your dependents
- Flexible paid time off: take the time you need when you need it! Plus, get up to 10 days of paid sick leave per year
- Fully paid parental leave: up to 14 weeks for primary and 8 weeks for secondary caregivers
- Food, wellness, and office funds via our own Level product
- Quarterly company sponsored events
- Internal learning and development programs
- Have the chance to work at a leading innovator and trailblazer in the world of benefits and payment
Level is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for all. Please apply to this role if you feel you are a good fit, regardless of your race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other perceived limiting factor. We welcome applicants from all walks of life.
E-Verify Program Participant: Level participates in the Department of Homeland Security U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services' E-Verify program (For U.S. based applicants and employees only). Please click below to learn more about the E-Verify program: