Every day, millions of people rely on WeTransfer to share their creative ideas.
Having made its name in the game of quick and simple file-sharing, WeTransfer
has grown into an end-to-end suite of digital solutions with more than 87 million monthly active users in 190 countries. Beyond the WeTransfer.com
platform, we have the storytelling platform WePresent
, quick slide-making tool Paste
, immersive sketching app Paper
, and inspiration-capturing tool Collect
. We design and deliver delightful experiences that continue to feel obvious and intuitive to millions of people—from our moms to your favorite artists. As a certified B-Corp
, WeTransfer aims to be a sustainable and responsible tech company, balancing people, planet, and profit
So, the work we do matters. Come and be a part of it.
⚠️ Position open in NL/UK/FR ⚠️
We’re looking for a writer of digital user or customer experiences to join our multidisciplinary product design team. At WeTransfer, you will help define product goals; contribute to product roadmaps; create user flows; and optimize your work based on qualitative and quantitative user research findings. You’ll be a key contributor to building WeTransfer’s namesake—internally known as the Transfer product.
Whether your title is Content Designer or some flavor of UX Writer or Product Copywriter, you know how to write for effortless and enjoyable user experiences. Technical jargon and robotic error messages make you go “heck no”. But you also understand that a fun and playful tone-of-voice can never get in the way of helping users to get the job done. You’re not satisfied with just putting words in boxes—ideally you’ll have contributed to (or at least meddled in) interaction design, content hierarchy, and information architecture through your work for a website or app. But if you haven’t, don’t sweat it. Just show us that you understand how to create a logical and consistent experience through your writing—or “demonstrate systems thinking,” as the kids say.
- Write, edit, and improve copy for WeTransfer products, to create experiences that resonate with our audience and contribute to business goals
- Work directly with product design, product management, marketing, UX research, and support to create solutions to problems with a focus on an optimal user experience
- Deliver on projects autonomously, from researching and concepting before the brief to final implementation, while communicating progress and status
- Define and champion WeTransfer’s human and relatable voice by contributing to and maintaining brand and product playbooks with writing guidelines and best practices
- Native-level English fluency
- Proven track record in creating great copy for websites and/or mobile apps for a global audience
- Knowledge and understanding of UX principles
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to take on each part of the writing process, from brainstorming and researching, to testing, shipping, and iterating
WeTransfer is an equal opportunity employer and we pride ourselves on the diversity of our people. We welcome you, and everything that makes you—well, you. That includes your gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, or disability status.
A note on remote
Covid has changed the world. Just as much as it changed us. While we can't wait until offices re-open, being at the office will not be mandatory in the future. This way, you get the best from both worlds. That move is still pretty new for us though, we are getting there, we are writing more, doing more async communication, and are now ready to take it to the next level.
While it is not necessarily a determining or disqualifying factor for any role, you may be required to complete a standard employment background screening.