Matterport is leading the digital transformation of the built world. Our groundbreaking spatial computing platform turns buildings into data making every space more valuable and accessible. Millions of buildings in more than 150 countries have been transformed into immersive Matterport digital twins to improve every part of the building lifecycle from planning, construction, and operations to documentation, appraisal, and marketing.
We’re excited to announce that Matterport is now publicly listed on NASDAQ as MTTR. It’s an exciting time to join us!
About the Role:
We are looking for a VP of Product Marketing to inspire and lead a team of PMMs and partner closely with Product Leadership to inform the product roadmap and lead launches, and Sales Leadership to scale our GTM programs. The Product Marketing team is responsible for driving the product GTM strategy and campaigns that ignite trial and engagement. Reporting to the CMO, this role will be highly cross-functional with close relationships across Product and Engineering, Sales, R&D, and the Comms teams. The ideal candidate has outstanding communication and leadership skills, with proven success in leading fast-growing PMM organizations and has extensive experience in launching product experiences through groundbreaking marketing campaigns.
What you will do:
- Lead GTM and launches for Matterport, partnering closely with Product and Sales.
- Foster deep cross-collaboration between Product, Sales and Marketing to consistently deliver clear, compelling, and differentiated product positioning within a highly competitive landscape. Become a trusted advisor to these departments.
- Anticipate movement within the digital spatial data market and our performance in it to predict market trends and product needs.
- Liaise with Product leadership to develop the vision for our roadmap through the eyes of both customers and partners.
- Collect and communicate compelling proof points across the business to fuel consistent improvement to existing products and features.
- Partner with key stakeholders and leaders to ensure the successful execution of product launch strategies and uncover ways to continue to hold Matterport’s market leadership in digitizing the built world.
- Develop compelling, evergreen content strategies that educates users in the product experience and drives trial and engagement.
- Advance the vision and role of Product Marketing at Matterport and inspire a team of product marketers.
- Hire, coach, develop and inspire your team
Who you are:
- 12+ years product marketing experience
- BA in related field or equivalent
- Experience leading an omnichannel product marketing strategy
- Ability to partner cross functionally and maintain excellent working relationships with all teams and stakeholders
- Significant experience in high-growth consumer-facing environments
- Proven track record of developing, implementing, and maintaining successful PMM strategy
- Highly collaborative, globally minded with an extremely high level of customer and merchant focus
- Comfortable being hands-on with individual projects as needed
- Proven success in delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment
- High attention to detail including precise and effective communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Strong attention to detail and comfortable handling multiple ongoing programs with varying priorities, deliverables, and deadlines
- Deep understanding of the marketing industry at large, existing and emerging 3D and spatial data technology, and how to adapt to the changing technology landscape
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills. You can simplify complex topics and explain them clearly and concisely
- You thrive under pressure and adapt to changing environments
- Flexible, you can handle challenges while maintaining your cool and sense of humor
- Ability to travel up 20% of the time (after COVID restrictions are lifted and Company policy allows travel again)
- Excellent leadership skills with experience managing a team of at least 5 people
- Demonstrated experience building and developing teams in a fast paced dynamic environment
- People-focused leader with proven ability to build collaborative teams; develop people; and link performance to overall business objectives
We want to hear from you! We are looking to build the best team of people who will be empowered to do their best work. If you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every bullet in the job description we encourage you to apply.
Belief in Diversity
At Matterport, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them and recognize the value they bring to our customers and employees. Matterport is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and works to create and support diversity at Matterport. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won’t unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender, identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We are committed to providing employees with a work environment that provides a sense of inclusion and belonging and is free of discrimination and harassment. We also consider all qualified candidates regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Matterport is likewise committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to all qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act