Upgrade is a fintech unicorn founded in 2017. We are the fastest-growing company in the Americas (Financial Times). In the last five years, over 15 million people have applied for an Upgrade card or loan, and we have delivered over $10 billion in affordable and responsible credit. Our innovative Upgrade Card is the fastest growing credit card in America (Nilson Report). Combining the flexibility of a credit card with the low cost of an installment loan helps us redefine banking.
Upgrade has been named a “Best Place to Work in the Bay Area” three years in a row, one of the “Top Companies to work for in Arizona”, and we have received awards for being a best company for Diversity, Women, Culture, and Veterans.
We are looking for new team members who get excited about designing and delivering new and better products to join a team of 900 talented and passionate professionals. Come join us if you like to tackle big problems and make a meaningful difference in people's lives.
We are looking for a Visual Designer who works fluidly and collaboratively with the rest of the organization through all aspects of the design process; across brand, marketing, business development, and product teams. The role demands great execution, an obsession with quality, and creative problem solving for users and business goals. As an early member of our internal creative team, you will have a significant impact on Upgrade's products, brand and visual identity. You can take the lead and are highly collaborative. You are a self-motivated, detail-oriented craftsman, able to work efficiently and effectively with other designers, developers, product managers and marketers. You can concept, prototype, design, and present solutions that solve user and business problems, delivering measurable outcomes.
What you'll do:
- Define, iterate, and extend the visual language of Upgrade across marketing, product, email, paid acquisition, affiliate & partner marketing, mobile stores, and social
- Create original creative that is informed by brand, business needs, strategy, customer research, and leadership input
- Collaborate effectively across marketing, product, engineering, and design stakeholders with a low-ego / solutions-focused mindset
- Assist in visual campaigns from start to finish and implement across all acquisition channels
- Develop creative strategy for Upgrade's marketing communicationsHelp shape the internal design process
What we're looking for:
- 2–3 years of experience working as a graphic designer in-house or agency, creating effective design solutions for brand, marketing, and product.
- A portfolio that demonstrates a strong understanding of typography, color, layout, illustration, animation, and design systems across web, product, and print
- Strong end-to-end ownership of design work from kick-off to final asset creationAbility to effectively communicate design rationale to internal team and other stakeholdersExperience defining and contributing to design systems across brand, marketing, and product
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and Figma
Nice to have:
- Motion graphic and 3D skills are a plus
- An interest in C4D and Redshift, this will be a great learning opportunity
- Interest in finance or financial technology
- Competitive salary and stock option plan
- 100% paid coverage of medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401K match
- Unlimited vacation
- Learning stipend for personal growth and development
- Paid parental leave
- Health & wellness initiatives
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
California Employee Privacy Notice
Effective Date: 1/1/2020
Notice to Applicants for Employment, Employees, and Contractors:
This California Employee Privacy Notice is intended to provide California consumers who are employed or apply for employment or a contractor position with Upgrade information about the categories of personal information Upgrade collects and how the company uses this information. For any questions about this notice, please contact [email protected].
Personal Information Upgrade Collects:
Identifying information: including name, address, email, telephone number, social security number, driver license number, passport number, and other personal identifying information. Information you provide as a part of a job application or from a background check performed after a job offered is extended, including employment, education, credit, and criminal history. Data on work productivity and performance, including hours worked, electronic network activity, and tasks performed.
Purposes for Collecting Personal Information:
To consider applications for employment. To complete payments, including payroll, expense reimbursement, other compensation-related payments, and the administration of stock options. To administer benefits, including medical, dental, vision, commuter, and retirement benefits. To provide human resources services and conduct performance evaluations. To monitor work eligibility including work-related licenses, credentials, training, and eligibility to work in the United States. To ensure a safe and efficient working environment. To comply with applicable legal or regulatory requirements including state and federal company reporting obligations.