Recurly, Inc. provides a versatile subscription management platform to manage the entire subscription lifecycle for market-leading brands worldwide. Subscription businesses such as Sling TV, BarkBox, FabFitFun, Cinemark and Fubo.tv
depend on Recurly to harness the power of the subscription model and drive recurring revenue growth. Since its launch in 2009, Recurly has deployed subscription billing for thousands of companies across 42 countries. Our platform empowers billions of credit card transactions and has enabled customers to recover $450 million + in Revenue.
Recurly is backed by Accel-KKR, a leading technology-focused private equity firm with over $9 billion in capital commitments. The partnership offers Recurly access to significant capital and resources to make continued investments in technology and platform innovation and expand our go-to-market initiatives.
Headquartered in San Francisco, Recurly is hiring remotely across the US depending on role and experience.
Delivering great user experiences is one of the core values upon which Recurly has been built. Whether it’s designing a marketing web page or crafting the user interface our customers rely on to run their businesses, the Design Team is involved at every step. We’re responsible for creating the brand promise customers have in their first interaction with Recurly and ensuring we deliver on that promise throughout the customer lifecycle.
Subscription businesses around the world rely on our product every day to secure critical billing information, invoice and communicate with their customers, and evaluate their reporting data. It’s crucial that our brand and marketing experience communicate confidence and credibility at every step.
As a Visual Designer at Recurly, you’ll be responsible for extending the creative vision of the Recurly brand. You’ll work closely with a team of talented designers and marketers to create engaging brand experiences across a variety of channels, including complete marketing campaigns as well as guides, emails, advertisements, and print collateral.
You’ll also help extend our brand guidelines to meet our growth, ensuring all of our brand touchpoints are consistent and beautiful. But you won’t do it alone. You’ll work as a partner with the rest of the marketing org, cross-functional teams, and other designers to bring it all to life.
- Contribute as a top-notch visual designer and illustrator to create marketing content and visual concepts for digital guides, advertisements, white papers, print brochures, and trade show collateral
- Develop creative concepts for marketing programs that meet business goals and evolve Recurly’s brand
- Create dynamic and impactful ads for marketing and brand campaigns
- Develop data visualization systems for use across a variety of touchpoints
- Pride yourself on unparalleled collaboration skills and look forward to partnering with all parts of the organization including marketing, sales, recruiting, product, and support to maintain a consistent brand and customer experience
- Maintain and extend the Recurly style guide and brand guidelines
- Clearly articulate your design decisions and embrace constructive criticism as part of the design process
- Contribute not only to the projects you work on, but to your team as a whole, identifying new design-led projects, gaining buy-in, and collaborating with other disciplines and departments
- Spread design thinking and enthusiasm across your teams
- 5+ years of professional visual design and marketing/communications design experience
- Exceptional portfolio featuring detailed design work, including examples of illustration and iconography, and marketing campaign collateral
- Fundamental understanding of the formal elements of design including color, typography, and layout
- Be detail-oriented, pixel-perfection obsessed, and blessed with good taste
- Have extraordinary conceptual skills to turn abstract ideas into powerful visuals
- An absolute pro with the Adobe Creative Suite
- Thinking in scalable systems, not one-off solutions
- Thorough design process for discovering edge cases and removing assumptions
- Positive attitude and the knowledge that any design problem is interesting if you make it one
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and analytical skills
- Experience designing for a variety of platforms (web, mobile, print, email, video) - this role is primarily focused on traditional marketing collateral but experience with web/interactive is a plus
- Plus if you have experience with designing for a content management or marketing automation system (Wordpress, Hubspot, Contentful, etc.)
As a full-time employee, Recurly offers competitive benefits programs, perks and options designed to fit your needs and the needs of your family. We offer medical, dental and vision benefits and a menu from which to choose options that work best for you and eligible dependents. We also offer life insurance, short and long-term disability, hospital indemnity, critical illness coverage, employee accident protection, health savings account (HSA) with company contribution & flexible spending account (FSA) options, employee assistance program, Legal and Pet Insurance.
Other perks may include:
Optional remote or in office work
401(k) Retirement Plan and company match
Flex Time Off
Monthly internet stipend
Recurly is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, age, race, religion, or any other classification which is protected by applicable law. Recurly is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]