Polywork is the professional network for people who defy a traditional 9-5, and want to find the right people and projects to grow their network and their skills.
Polywork helps people discover new opportunities and showcase what they do – from work accomplishments to side hobbies and passion projects. Use polywork to find unique collaboration opportunities and spend more time working on what you love with like-minded professionals.
As an open platform, our community is key to the success of the business. Our hope is to strengthen our connection and build a thriving community.
As a Visual Designer at Polywork, you’ll help shape our product and brand’s visual identity and contribute to high-impact design projects. We are a design-led company, meaning you’ll have the chance to learn from and work alongside other designers (including our CEO, Peter Johnston) while also working autonomously in a small-team startup environment.
- Work on visual design projects intended for unique audience use cases and markets around the world.
- Work with small multi-disciplinary teams made up of representatives from engineering, product, and marketing, among others.
- Take into account existing insights, technical constraints, business needs, and specific market demands to produce data-informed solutions.
- Work collaboratively while also taking ownership of your work and responsibility for details every step of the way, from whiteboard sketching to high-fidelity final treatments.
- Help the design team produce multiple concepts and prototypes, understanding when deeper exploration is warranted and when it is best to change paths and try another approach.
- 4 - 5 years of experience in a similar role, ideally with consumer-focused product companies (experience designing for multiple platforms is a huge plus). Agency background welcome as well!
- Strong visual and graphic design chops. You’ve helped ship consumer products/features over the years.
- Bonus skills include motion design and prototyping skills.
- 2D illustration is a huge plus!
- An aptitude for translating and documenting design ideas into visuals that can be shared with all parts of the business.
- Ability to take calculated risks: you’re comfortable with designing to learn, unafraid of making mistakes (because they are a part of learning), and can temper your analytical skills with intuition and creative ambition.
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
- Base salary range of $110,000 to $140,000, based on experience and skills.
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision coverage.
- Monthly meal and gym stipend.$2500 to set your home office up for success.
- Polywork is 100% remote, but we offer co-working space in NYC.
Join us as we strive to make the world more productive by connecting people to more possibilities.