At Northstar, we're making it easy for everyone to access affordable, personalized financial advice. We believe that financial wellness starts with a single paycheck. That's why we work with leading companies to provide 1-on-1 financial advisors and personal finance tools as an employee benefit. Northstar’s financial wellness program helps employees make the most of their total compensation, and helps companies support their teams at scale through onboarding, open enrollment, equity events, and more.
We've raised more than $40M from investors including GGV Capital, PayPal Ventures, Thomson Reuters Ventures, Canvas Ventures, M13, Foundation Capital, and Workday Ventures. Our employer customers include Zoom, Snap, NerdWallet, Superhuman, Virgin Orbit, and more.
Visual Designer Overview
Northstar is a leading provider of financial wellness benefits, partnering with innovative global employers to bring financial guidance to as many employees as possible. As a Visual Designer, your role will be to partner with the Marketing team to help communicate Northstar’s mission and how we support both employers and employees through captivating, visual storytelling.
Being in the financial services industry, it’s important to Northstar that our brand stands out and feels personal, engaging, and reflects the unique experience we have created for our members. You will be responsible for creating custom brand assets and materials with the goal of improving brand awareness, increasing engagement with prospects, and empowering our revenue team members. You will play a key role in the growth and development of Northstar’s brand and marketing strategy.
What you'll do:
- Own the end-to-end development of brand design work, from creative conception to production.
- Develop custom presentation materials for the sales team to use to help bring on new enterprise employer clients and grow Northstar’s revenue.
- Empower external-facing teams to further our brand experience by creating editable templates & design systems, enabling them to self-serve.
- Create collateral and sales materials to communicate new product features and use cases, address objections and the competitive landscape, and visualize new messaging.
- Define and develop Northstar’s physical brand experience by creating various materials for internal members as well as in-person events to build a cohesive, personal, engaging environment.
- Enhance Northstar’s digital brand experience by owning the design and direction of all website and landing page visuals, emails, content, and more.
- Develop creative, out-of-the-box campaign ideas to help push Northstar’s identity forward.
- Maintain and evolve Northstar’s brand guidelines to reflect our mission and vision.
Who you are:
- 4+ years of visual brand design experience
- You have prior experience working with marketing teams required, B2B experience is a plus
- You have a strong portfolio showcasing your work across a range of mediums
- You are proficient with Adobe CC and Figma
- You are a natural storyteller that leverages design to help communicate key points and messaging
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy working cross-functionally with different stakeholders
- You embrace an iterative design process, are able to present concepts and articulate your rationale around decision-making, and are receptive to feedback
- You think critically about how design can be leveraged to solve problems and have a general understanding of growth marketing
- We're mission-driven. We founded Northstar on the belief that every person deserves personalized, and affordable financial management, personalized and affordable financial management, without the fear of being sold to.
- We've hit an inflection point with product-market fit. We have passionate, paying customers, and are scaling quickly.
- We have a cross-functional team is uniquely suited to solve this problem, everyone contributes to solving a problem in their unique ways.
- We invest in the personal and professional growth of every team member.
- We offer a competitive salary, equity, 401k, Northstar service, and benefits like 12 weeks paid parental leave to support your whole life.
- We have a flexible time off policy and we encourage our employees to take a minimum of 14 Flex Days a year.
- We provide a budget to set up or improve your home office.
- We are 100% fully remote.