What Haystack Is All About
Haystack is an enterprise SaaS platform on a mission to make big companies feel small. Our thoughtfully designed software helps companies engage their workforce by streamlining internal communications, forging real human connections between employees, and providing a centralized place for any resource your employees may need. Haystack is already powering the employee experience for companies like BuzzFeed, GoPuff, Credit Karma, and Chime. We've raised a seed round of $8M+ from investors like Coatue, Greycroft, and the co-founders of Twitter and Riot Games to drive future product innovation.
Haystack was born by the beach in Los Angeles with employees across the globe.
Position: Visual Designer
Reports to: CEO
What The Role Is All About
You will be Haystack’s first Visual Designer and will be responsible for defining the Haystack brand identity and ensuring strategic, seamless experiences across all interactions with the haystack platform. You will work closely with Marketing, Sales, and Product teams to elevate our brand and optimize the customer journey end-to-end. This is a unique opportunity to impact design across the entire organization!
What Your Days Will Look Like
- You will create decks, abstract product illustrations, etc.
- Deep Figma work!
- Own the creation of all sales/marketing materials such as; templates for slides, white papers, ebooks,
- Building a cohesive collection of visual assets for social media, blog posts, ads, videos, sales materials, and web pages
- Designing original motion graphics for web and video.
- Mainly working on abstract UI with the product team(75% fidelity)
- Define and create a visual language as an extension of the brand (illustrations, icons, colors, typography, animations, etc.)
- Collaborate with Marketing, sales, product to establish a clear and concise brand voice, tone, and personality
What Our Team Uses
- Adobe After Effects
What The Role Requires
- Education: We believe talented employees come from all backgrounds. No formal education required.
- Experience: 1-3 years in a SaaS visual/content/brand design role
- Strong communication design skills
- HUGE PLUS (but not required) if you have the ability to do lightweight motion design
- Experience with Adobe After Effects, Bodymovin, LottieFiles is very helpful for us!
- You are skilled at and love to use Figma (this one is definitely required)
- Understand how to organize files and effectively collaborate with other designers and marketers in Figma
- Experience designing for enterprise software, B2B software, or SaaS - also very helpful for us!
- Strong visual design balanced with accessibility and interactive design skills
Why Join Our Team?
Haystack is looking for intelligence, passion and creativity. We want our employees to serve as our chief product evangelists, and have each day’s work bring a renewed sense of inspiration. We are solving real world problems with technology and excellent design. Haystack is still small, and early employees will have huge earning potential. Our founding team is dedicated to finding unique ways to give you reasons to love working here. Our current benefits are below, but if you have ideas we want to hear them.
401k + 3% Match
Laptop + any hardware you might need
Regular Company Retreats