Our mission is to democratize software creation. People from all walks of life and every corner of the globe use Airtable to get their work done—over 300,000 organizations run on Airtable, from massive Fortune 500 companies to small nonprofits. We know that every community, curator, and corgi parent has unique goals, and we also know that the right tools can get them there better and faster while unlocking new potential along the way.
Many people don’t have access to perfect software—off-the-shelf solutions aren’t customized to their workflows, and writing new software is expensive and time-consuming. Airtable is breaking down those barriers so that anyone can easily create, customize, and supercharge their own software. Design is at the core of that work, as we take on the challenge of reinterpreting decades-old concepts such as database creation, control flow, and usability, and craft an accessible, elegant, and engaging platform that everyone feels empowered to use.
We’re looking for visual designers to work alongside product and brand designers, researchers, and writers — plus the broader set of cross-functional peers — to contribute to this challenge from start to finish.
What you'll do
- Create visual clarity: Airtable’s interfaces can be information dense. You’re excited about these visualization challenges, and know how to provide hierarchy and focus when there’s a lot going on.
- Systematize: Design systems are a challenge. You know how to systematize in pragmatic, high leverage ways so that the right things are consistent, the right attributes are flexible, and you’re able to provide direction and guidance at scale.
- Realize our brand: Creating a product that clearly embodies brand principles is easier said than done. You’ll work with our brand designers to help create the right sorts of alignment — sometimes literally consistent, other times complementary — and also guide our product designers do so, too.
- Get the details right: You’ll support and ship extremely high-quality features and feel a sense of ownership throughout the process. This responsibility comes with all the trappings of what it means to be a sharp designer: generating your own ideas, collaborating with teammates and stakeholders to refine them, crafting mockups and prototypes with polish. You’ll partner with engineering and understand technical constraints and how to make pragmatic tradeoffs on your designs.
Who you are
- You’re an experienced Visual Designer and have a portfolio of thoughtful, product-centric work to show for it.
- You’re a lifelong learner: Your work’s details and nuances are important to you, and you never feel “done” learning the craft.
- You gravitate towards complex problems: There’s no shortage of challenging, tangly problems to solve at Airtable. If the idea of bringing elegant visualizations to mind-boggling ambiguity has you nodding “yes” at this screen, we have some ideas about what you can work on.
- You like saying “we” more than “I”: Your team will be a collaborative bunch, and you’ll be working closely with other designers (product, content, and brand), engineers, PMs, data scientists, researchers, and more. We are greater than the sum of our parts.
- You just go for it: There are lots of opportunities to have a measurable impact as a self-starter at Airtable. You don’t hesitate to champion a good idea until it turns into something that works.
- You’re not afraid to ask a “spicy” question: Growing our product, team, and culture means reflecting and sometimes challenging our practice and approach. We are open to adapting and growing.
- You inspire your colleagues to be the best versions of themselves. We authentically admire and respect each other, and we think that motivates us to create great work.
What We Offer
- We have your medical, dental, and vision insurance 100% covered (and your dependents covered at 80%)
- High deductible health plan available with health savings account contribution
- Complimentary One Medical membership for individuals and dependents
- Monthly “Lifestyle Wallet” to use for benefits like personal fitness (e.g., gym memberships, fitness equipment, etc.) to pet care to nutrition coaching, and more.
- Complimentary mental health support via Modern Health
- Family planning support via Carrot (fertility, adoption, and surrogacy)
- Flexible and generous time off and sick time benefits
- 16 weeks of parental leave
- Annual Learning & Development wallet to support your career development
- Emergency backup care for dependents
- Access to financial planning and legal support
- Supplemental reimbursement for Gender Affirmation procedures and services
- Access to pre-tax Transportation & Commuter Benefits
Airtable is working on the next computer revolution: one where anyone – even without technical training – can create customized applications that fit their needs, build more interconnected teams, and take part in a growing community of people who share what they create. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in San Francisco, Airtable powers teams at more than 300,000 organizations around the world. Our most recent funding round valued Airtable at $11.7 billion and raised $735 million in additional capital, and we're just getting started!
Please see our Privacy Notices for details regarding Airtable's collection and use of personal information relating to the application and recruitment process. For US applicants, click here, and for UK applicants, click here.