OLX is looking for a passionate, experienced and analytical UX Researcher to join its Global Autos team based out of Gurgaon (presently remote)
Come and join us and become a key member of a world-class, product-centric organization.
As a UX Researcher, you will be a part of the User Research team that is building the next generation of best-in-class customer experiences for markets across the globe. You will work closely with key stakeholders in the organization to craft the user-centric product strategy for launching delightful features and enhancing the existing buy and sell experience on OLX for millions of global users.
What will be your key responsibilities?
As a key member of the User Research and Product teams, you will be responsible for inspiring user-centric changes in the product that will help us create useful, usable and delightful new features and products as well as continually innovating on our existing product experience.
Your specific responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
- A background in psychology, HCI, Design management or related fields with 2+ years of work experience in user research field
- Strong understanding of research methods and when to use, strong experience with ethnographic and usability testing
- Good communication (team work, empathy, ability to influence business decisions) and presentation skills
- Experience working with market research vendors
- Strong experience with planning, executing and analysing formative and summative studies
- Hindi speaking and willingness to travel nationally and internationally
- Growth mindset, unbiased/ open minded and openness to give and receive feedback
Good to have:
- Experience with quant research - planning, executing and analysing quant research
- Any additional local language
- Experience in autos is a plus
Detailed roles and responsibilities:
- Planning & conducting of user research activities
- Collaborate with key stakeholders in co-developing and tracking user research needs / goals. Pro-actively define & communicate a quarterly roadmap for all user research & testing initiatives aligned to product development objectives.
- Conduct user research at every stage of the product lifecycle from identifying unmet user needs & conceptualization to prototype validations & usability tests on the product. This includes conducting ethnographic field studies, contextual discovery, concept tests, diary studies, online surveys, card sorting, cognitive walkthroughs, quantitative analysis, VoC studies, usability and accessibility testing, amongst others.
- Implement the use of the right research methods basis a strong understanding of the strengths and limitations of different research methods. Identify what qualitative or quantitative research technique to apply (when and how) depending on the product / market / consumer analysis.
- Lead and facilitate requirements for the development of test artefacts and prototypes and be completely hands on as required.
- Generate & share insights that influence & drive both strategy & execution
- Create rich & detailed written presentations & reports to document the findings of all user research activities.
- Build & deliver user personas, user flows, consumer journey maps, experience maps and storyboards basis research studies.
- Present & communicate research findings in an impactful & engaging way to cross-functional teams & the wider organization so that they build a strong understanding of user needs and pain points.
- Work closely with designers and product managers to turn user research findings into user stories and actions that lead to improving the user experience.
- Craft user-centric KPIs & measure impact
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to identify user-centric product and design success criteria / KPIs associated with improving the user experience.
- Monitor & measure success criteria post the launch of features / products.
- Execute ongoing post-launch evaluations to measure success of incremental changes and participate in decisions regarding future enhancements.
- Drive strategic initiatives to build a user-centric culture
- Identify, drive and execute on impactful initiatives to drive a user-centric culture in the organization.
- Introduce industry best practices associated with conducting user research and testing. Continuously monitor and improve practices that are being used for UX research and testing.
- Build awareness & drive evangelization of emerging mobile and web interactions and product innovations that enhance user experience.
- Lead regular competitive benchmarking with similar products available to users.
- Vendor Management & Recruitment
- Manage existing vendors and on-board new vendors for vendor selection and vendor relationships for research services.
- Work with various partners and vendors to identify target groups for studies
- Influence and guide recruitment of participants through development of participant screeners that are relevant to each research project.
- Ensure that the vendors present deep and detailed insights for studies that they are responsible for conducting.
What will you need to succeed in this role?
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills - ability to understand and interpret quantitative and qualitative research findings within the context of the product / business - and distil findings into actionable recommendations.
- Strong communication & presentation skills (written, oral and visual). Ability to confidently work with cross-functional teams across the globe and to present information to all levels of the organization.
- Intellectual curiosity – initiative to dig into the who, why, where, what & how.
- Curiosity about people, their behaviour and how they interact with mobile / digital products.
- Advanced knowledge of software tools & applications for conducting usability research & testing, creating prototypes and delivering impactful presentations.
- Experience of working with agile development teams.
- Inherent interest in eCommerce & marketplace platforms and broadly in the consumer Internet & mobile space.
- Most importantly, an extremely positive “Can Do” attitude which continuously drives you to take initiative and demonstrate a high degree of self-motivation.
What we’ll give you:
- Contributing to the global OLX Group success
- International travel, career and growth opportunities
- Work with an international team and learning from one another
- Opportunity to pursue you further academic goals
- Competitive salary and great benefit