Not sure if the level in this job accurately describes you? Don’t hesitate to apply. We believe folks with all sorts of backgrounds and levels of experience can make great teammates!
Look around you today, every wall, window, door, and roof was made possible by the coordination of architects and a team of professionals. They are charged with the responsibility of creating our shelters and yet, they are left with nothing more than Excel to manage their work. Let's change that!
What is Monograph?
Monograph was founded by a team of ex-architects. Monograph is modernizing design professionals’ back office with a beautiful, data-driven platform to help them manage, plan and grow their companies. Our mission is to let architects get back to doing what they love and do best—design—not finance, management or Excel.
Why Work at Monograph?
People first: Core to the team, we believe in people first, curiosity, and empathy. You'll be our ambassador and deploy your genuine value for relationships to drive success and happiness.
Build a company that will redefine architecture: Project management is just the beginning...we have big ambitions to help facilitate the entire design process from becoming the document source of truth to coordinating with consultants. You can shape the future of building design.
Work with some of the best product people in the world: We’re an innovative team of highly productive individual contributors with a strong design background. You will be doing some of the best work of your life.
About the role
As our first Researcher, you’ll own the planning and execution of product researching initiatives focused on understanding our users and their underlying needs. This information will be critical to product, marketing, sales, and customer success teams.
You'll meet periodically with the rest of the product team to understand gaps in knowledge that can be filled with your research. You'll conduct various types of research to help fill those gaps ranging from user interviews to surveys to data analytics.
You'll work closely with the rest of the product team and report to the Head of Product. Your research will mostly be used in the product roadmap and definition decisions. It will also inform sales, marketing, and customer support.
What you'll do
- Lead critical research efforts and conduct mixed-method studies that deepen our understanding of the user experience and drive product strategy.
- Work with key stakeholders including product managers and designers to identify objectives, goals, timelines, and research execution plans.
- Operational research, e.g. understanding what behaviors and attributes lead to activation.
- Tactical validation research, e.g. to confirm a potential solution (prototype) is intuitive and meets our customers' needs.
- Exploratory research, e.g. to help understand a problem space.
- Competitive analysis, e.g. understand how other similar companies are solving a target problem.
- Design and conduct surveys.
- User UI designs to create prototypes for validation.
- Develop detailed personas and map their journeys through the product.
- 4+ years of user research experience in B2B products.
- Exceptional analytical skills.
- Knowledge of user interface design principles, usability evaluation techniques, perception, cognition, task analysis, experimental design and statistics to best inform useful and usable recommendations.
- Ability to operate under tight deadlines while maintaining multiple projects.
- The ability to recognize and separate your bias and opinion from data.
- Easy to talk to.
- Scientific and data-driven.
- Scrappy, creative and innovative like MacGyver.
- Adaptable and flexible.
- Google spreadsheets or MS Excel.
- Analytics and data visualization tools like Amplitude, Google Data Studio, Google Analytics, and even some SQL.
- A-B and multi-variate testing technology like Google Optimize, Optimizely
- And other typical collaboration platforms like Notion, Airtable, Etc.
You'll Love Our Benefits
? 4-day workweek (we have 1 weekday off!)
? Health, dental & vision for employees and dependents
? New laptop/equipment of your choice
??♀️ Wellness Stipend
? Innovative engineering and product culture
? Early-stage well-funded company
❤️ Inclusion and diversity as a company priority
Is this role only full-time? Can I work remotely?
Yes, this role is a full-time role. We are a remote-first company.
What is the company culture like?
Our amazing friend Lynne interviewed us—read about it on her website Key Values.
Our CEO's thought on culture—read about it on Fast Company.
What efforts are you making to increase diversity & inclusion within your company?
With two minority founders and a new parent founder, we're focused on having a welcoming environment for all backgrounds and experiences. We actively source candidates from non-traditional backgrounds knowing that diversity in thought and education ultimately results in a better company. We also have solid work-life balance, knowing that there's a lot more in your life than just your job.