As the world’s largest car sharing marketplace, Turo is growing fast and hiring talent in the US, Canada, the UK, France, and Australia! Our driven, down to earth team empowers you to push yourself, make a huge impact, and accelerate your career growth.
About the team
UX Research has been integrated into the product development process at Turo and has been prioritized for growth. At Turo, researchers are embedded into product areas so you can develop deeper cross-functional relationships, knowledge of your product space, and are expected to be able to express a POV about your team’s big questions, product strategy and roadmap.
As the newest member of our growing research team, you will also influence the culture and vision of UX Research at Turo, and help us optimize our tools and processes as we strive to execute best-in-class research and consistently deliver breakthrough insights.
What you will do
- Develop a trusted reputation as a research expert and a product and design thought leader among designers, product managers, engineers, and data analysts who care deeply about creating top-notch user experiences.
- Create and own your research roadmap, prioritizing research that will have the most significant impact on your team’s product strategy and roadmap.
- Execute best in class generative and evaluative research end to end, including project scoping and design, execution, analysis, socialization, and activation.
- Sustain an informed and empathetic organization by strengthening our understanding of our customers and evangelizing research insights throughout the company.
- Highlight usability issues and advise your team on how to improve them.
- Increase research efficiency by contributing to the optimization of tools, processes, and workflows with the research team.
- Share your passion, expertise, and knowledge to help elevate your fellow researchers and the research function at Turo.
- 5+ years of professional and 3+ years of practical UX research experience with experience testing consumer software across multiple surfaces (Desktop, Mobile Web, iOS and, Android).
- Track record of utilizing multiple qualitative and/or quantitative research methods to drive business and product decisions.
- End-to-end experience with all aspects of user research (study design, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting).
- A portfolio demonstrating your work as a UX researcher along with stories about how your research helped fuel product breakthroughs.
- Experience working with stakeholders to understand their needs and translate them into study designs and research questions.
- Excellent communication, presentation and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively to different audiences within Turo.
- Degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Design, Sociology, Psychology, Anthropology or related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience conducting research for consumer marketplaces, transportation or travel.
Why you’ll love being a part of our team
- At Turo, there's no need to sell the value of user research; we're already devotees.
- We're pioneering, challenging the status quo, and always striving to try new things without fear of failure.
- We're efficient, letting data inform our decisions and prioritizing our work based on impact.
- We're supportive, always striving to connect, collaborate, and lift each other up.
- We're down-to-earth, leading confidently without arrogance, and maintaining humility in our work, our culture, and our product.
- We are a high-growth company with strong financial performance and plentiful opportunities for career growth.
- We are committed to personal growth and provide every team member an annual budget of $2,000 USD to invest in professional development.
- We want you to thrive both in and out of the office; we trust that you will use good judgment and take the time off that you need to bring your best self to work.
- We offer a competitive salary, equity, benefits, and perks for all full-time employees.
- Competitive salary, equity, benefits, and perks for all full-time employees
- Employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance (Country specific)
- Retirement employer match
- $2,000 Learning & Development stipend to invest in your professional development
- $1,000 USD Turo host matching and $1,500 USD vehicle reimbursement program
- $100 USD Monthly Turo travel credit
- Cell phone, internet and Fringe benefit stipend
- Paid time off to relax and recharge
- Paid holidays, volunteer time off, and parental leave
- For those who are in the office full-time or hybrid we have weekly in-office lunch, office snacks, and fun activities
- Bi-annual Turbo Week (week-long, company-wide conference)
We are committed to building a diverse team. If you are from a background that's underrepresented in tech, we'd love to meet you.
Aside from an award winning work environment and the opportunity to be part of the world’s largest car sharing marketplace, we are also growing the team quickly - join us! Even if you don't meet every qualification, we are looking for people with enthusiasm for what we do and we will consider you for this and other possibilities.
Turo is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Turo will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, as applicable.
We welcome candidates with physical, mental, and/or neurological disabilities. If you require assistance applying for an open position, or need accommodation during the recruiting process due to a disability, please submit a request to People Operations by emailing [email protected].
Turo is the world’s largest car sharing marketplace where you can book any car you want, wherever you want it, from a vibrant community of trusted hosts across the US, Canada, France and the UK. Guests choose from a totally unique selection of nearby cars, while hosts earn extra money to offset the costs of car ownership. A pioneer of the sharing economy and the travel industry, Turo is a safe, supportive community where the car you book is part of a story, not a fleet.
Discover Turo at https://turo.com, the App Store, and Google Play, and check out our blog, Field Notes.
Read more about the Turo culture according to Turo CEO, Andre Haddad.