Ruby Labs is a leading tech company that operates subscription-based consumer products in the self-help and wellness market.
Our common vision is to create a tech company that builds a world-class self-help and wellness platform, to empower people to make self-care a way of life. A platform that is easily accessible for everyone and enjoyed for years. Since our launch, we've brought two successful products to the global market: Able and Hint, and are on track to launch a third in 2022.
With the aim of achieving our goals, we are looking for a junior/mid-level UX Researcher to work alongside fellow UX experts in the ever-growing Product Design team.
- Collaborate with a team of designers and researchers from initial research to validation.
- Understand user's problems and challenges by applying various research methods and approaches (quantitative and qualitative);
- Plan and conduct a variety of research methodologies that is appropriate to bring insight into the product and service, including surveys, field studies, user tests, and concept/prototype testing;
- Translate your findings into actionable insight that impacts the product
- Use industry techniques like personas, JTBD framework, journey maps, diagramming, etc;
- Communicate findings company-wide and closely support the team to understand and use your insights.
- Be proactive in product improvements and identify new product ideas and opportunities;
- Synthesize and extract insights from data to identify a possible pain point in the user experience that can be turned into research topics;
- Degree in either Psychology, Cognitive Science, IT - Computer Science, Human Factors, Anthropology, Human-Computer Interaction, Design, a related field – or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience within User Experience Research,applied research setting, and/or product research and development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to justify design decisions and articulate alternative design approaches;
- Familiar with the planning processes of research (creating discussion guides, defining recruitment, etc.)
- Capable of deciding and performing the best possible UX Research method for each specific case
- Experience with a variety of qualitative and/or quantitative testing methods, which may include interviews, surveys, ideation sessions, ethnographic field research, usability evaluation, statistical modeling, and diary studies.
- Comfortable to clearly define and measure goals and metrics
Nice to haves
- Master's degree or PhD in a related field.
- Innate curiosity to understand users: who they are, what motivates them, frustrates them, and how we can support them.
- Ability to translate your findings into actionable insights
- Experience integrating user research into product designs and design practices.
- Design thinking methods, co-design sessions, and facilitation skills.
- Strong collaboration and self-management skills
- Strong interest in social and entertainment apps, user and influencer behavior, and associated trends.
- Top of the market salary and equity
- High talent density
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible working hours
- Apple equipment
- Opportunity to work with a product that helps people live healthier, happier, and longer lives.
You will be joining a strong team of >100 people passionate about building the best-in-class product. RL has incredible team members, users, and ambitions... which is where you come in.
We are a remote-first company, and our team is distributed across the UK and Europe. This was a deliberate choice to prioritise work-life balance and ensure we can accommodate the best people whilst fostering diversity.
Ruby Labs is founded on values we all share and are ready to stand for. They bring us together well beyond our current products and technologies.
#Driven by data
We believe in knowledge and continuously champion learning and experimentation. As we are relentlessly driven by data, we place value on rationality and real insights, not unproven beliefs.
We praise smart innovation. We’re inquisitive, exact and always challenge our beliefs. Like a researcher, we take established knowledge and add something new. We create something better than the original, not just different.
In an industry where only the best products succeed, prioritizing our work is a must. We don’t waste time on low-key projects. We only go after the most disruptive, effective and exceptional ideas.
To get the best results, you need to see the full picture. That’s why our team has access to all information and is involved in key decisions. We also give each other honest feedback, so we can learn and improve.
Self-help & wellness is a competitive industry with demanding users. Excellence is a necessity. At Ruby Labs, this means solving problems by breaking the rules, learning quickly and delivering superior execution.
We’re open to experiments and ready to take measured risks to get great results. We also value diversity and know the power of collective intelligence. If you have a better solution, we want to hear it.
Regular employment in UK or Malta or Contractor agreement for the team members distributed across Europe (non-UK/Malta).