At TuneIn, we are reinventing radio for a connected world with live sports, up-to-the-minute news, curated music, millions of podcasts, and over 120,000 streaming radio stations—streamed to tens of millions of customers through our mobile and web apps, and our unmatched platform of hundreds of consumer device and service integrations. From smartphones to smart speakers to electric cars, TuneIn delivers live and on-demand audio from voices you trust wherever you want to listen.
Full-time, summer internship
Location: San Francisco, New York (Remote)
Duration: 3 months
TuneIn is searching for a highly motivated User Research Intern to become a valuable member of our Product & Product Design Team. The perfect candidate will possess a strong passion for understanding user behavior and a keen interest in applying mixed-methods research to influence product development. This exciting opportunity is ideal for those who are enthusiastic about the field of user research and seeking practical experience in a fast-paced, dynamic setting.
What You Will Do:
- Craft research studies on our products and users, ultimately shaping the way the world listens to and experiences radio, podcasts, music, and audiobooks
- Define, plan, and execute user research with TuneIn listeners
- Gather insights quickly and regularly through streamlined methods and technology
- Employ a diverse array of research and prototyping tools (e.g., Figma, Protopie, UserTesting.com, Maze, Survey Monkey, Sawtooth) and methodologies (e.g., interviews, surveys, contextual inquiry, usability studies), tailored to your area of expertise
- Provide compelling insights to the product and design teams
- Contribute to the design process by creating wireframes, prototypes, and visual designs for various applications, such as wearables, consumer electronics, mobile, and web app experiences
- Foster evidence-guided product and design decision-making
- Participate in devising innovative research methodologies.
What We Are Looking For:
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student pursuing a degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Design, Economics, Social Science, or a related field
- Experience in planning, scoping, conducting, synthesizing, and communicating research
- Familiarity with both qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Familiarity with survey design and statistics
- Exceptional storytelling and communication skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic, data-driven, and creative environment.
- Experience in survey design and statistics
- Experience in generative research
- Demonstrated experience in conducting research focused on user experiences for smart speakers, wearables, automotive devices, or consumer electronics
- Experience in designing digital products.
TuneIn, the world’s leading live streaming service, brings together live sports, news, music, podcasts, and radio from around the globe. With more than 75 million monthly active users, TuneIn is one of the most widely used streaming audio platforms in the world. TuneIn broadcasts over 100,000 owned & operated and partner radio stations and boasts more than 5.7 million podcasts. With premiere distribution across 200 platforms and connected devices, TuneIn empowers listeners to ‘hear’ what they love wherever ‘here’ might be. TuneIn Premium subscribers get exclusive access to commercial-free news from top networks like CNN, Fox News Radio, MSNBC, CNBC, and Bloomberg, as well as live NHL, college sports programming, and commercial-free music channels. For more information, please visit us at www.tunein.com
or follow us on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within TuneIn. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunities to excel.
We Grow Our Team Utilizing Transparency and Trust
TuneIn is hiring for many amazing opportunities! We are always thrilled when people apply to our opportunities. Often, we reach out directly to candidates. TuneIn's Recruitment engagement means you'll get an email from the tunein.com domain. We do not use any other domains to conduct recruitment efforts. A member of our People Team will speak with you or will meet with you and we never use the Wire app to conduct interviews. We will also never send you messages asking you for personal or financial information. Use caution when the identity of someone contacting you cannot be linked directly to the tunein.com domain. If you've been the victim of a scam, report it to your local law enforcement. If you feel targeted by a fraudster or someone impersonating a TuneIn team member on LinkedIn, please contact LinkedIn directly here, or send us an email at [email protected]
To view our Workforce Privacy Notice, which covers how we treat candidate data, click here