The Platform team creates the technology that enables Spotify to learn quickly and scale easily, enabling rapid growth in our users and our business around the globe. Spanning many disciplines, we work to make the business work; creating the frameworks, capabilities and tools needed to welcome a billion customers. Join us and help to amplify productivity, quality and innovation across Spotify.
User Platform (UP) is a tribe in Spotify’s Platform mission. UP owns the platforms for authentication, authorization, user account data and user experience configuration at Spotify.
UP was formed with the mission to provide a secure platform that helps users establish their identity and manage their account data on different surfaces. UP also enables teams around Spotify to experiment on and customize the user experience in new and more refined ways.
User Platform is responsible for many of the core services needed for Spotify to function and provide the 380M+ users across the world access to the audio experience they desire.
We are looking for an experienced User Researcher to inform the future of Spotify Account and Identity and evolve the platforms that allow many parts of Spotify to function. This role will drive deep understanding of complex systems, and contribute to developing user-centric platform products that scale to meet the top priorities of the company.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with a cross-functional team of data scientists, user researchers, product managers, designers and engineers across Spotify
- Define, plan, and conduct exploratory and evaluative user research and support colleagues on research initiatives
- Apply rigorous analysis to understand and document complex workflows and processes
- Deliver compelling insights, stories and artefacts to help uncover opportunities and drive evidence-based product and design decisions that affect the whole company
- Contribute to and innovate in a community of mixed methods research practitioners
- Conduct deep discovery on products relevant to your domain
Who you are
- You have proven experience in user research, with expertise in either exploratory qualitative or workflow and task analysis (or both!)
- You hold a degree in Psychology, Human Computer Interaction, or a related field, and/or relevant professional experience
- You adapt to ambiguous contexts, and can develop and communicate research in a variety of contexts
- You have proven experience in synthesis of quantitative data with qualitative data and work closely with data scientists and analysts
- You are a natural collaborator, and easily connect with your partners in product, tech, business and design
- Your north star is a user-centred, evidence-based approach to product development that drives business value
Where you'll be
- For this role, it can be within the EMEA region in which we have a work location and is within working hours.
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service.
Global COVID and Vaccination Disclosure
Spotify is committed to safety and well-being of our employees, vendors and clients. We are following regional guidelines mandating vaccination and testing requirements, including those requiring vaccinations and testing for in-person roles and event attendance. For the US, we have mandated that all employees and contractors be fully vaccinated in order to work in our offices and externally with any third-parties. For all other locations, we strongly encourage our employees to get vaccinated and also follow local COVID and safety protocols.