Fountain is enterprise software that accelerates global high volume hiring. Our customers hire millions of hourly workers annually in 78 countries. Job seekers often struggle to get connected with companies seeking hourly workers due to inefficiencies in their hiring processes, and Fountain makes it easier for them to get offers for work quickly. Getting hired fast eases some of the financial instability millions of families face.
Fountain is a Remote-first company that embraces a work from anywhere policy and offers flexibility on location, so our employees feel free to enjoy the world. Fountain is widely trusted by leading organizations, including Chipotle, StitchFix, GoPuff and Just Eat Takeaway.
We just 4.5Xed in valuation in our Series C, which was led by Softbank and B Capital. We plan on keeping this hyper-growth going this year! Come join us on this rocket ship!
We’re working on exciting things at Fountain, and as we continue building world-class products and services, we’re looking to grow our User Research team. This role is a fundamental part of our strategy and product development at Fountain.
As a mid-to-senior level user researcher, and the second researcher on the team, you’ll help us understand the needs of our users, make sure we’re solving the right problems, communicate insights to impact the strategy of our products, and be part of a product team that is continually improving our users’ experience.
We’re looking for someone who is a mixed-method / research generalist and excited to continue defining and growing user research within our company. You’ll have an immediate impact on existing projects, and have plenty of opportunity to grow your skill-set here.
What you'll be doing:
- Work with product, design and beyond to understand their research needs, propose an effective research methodology, and carry out a collaborative research process with little to no oversight.
- Conduct generative and evaluative research across Fountain
- Synthesize findings to produce and share insights as well as actionable recommendations that drive product innovation and design improvements.
What you should bring:
- 3+ years of experience conducting user research in a professional setting
- Experience working across several different methodologies, for example: in-depth-interviews, usability (moderated/unmoderated), contextual inquiry, diary studies, bulletin boards/forums, co-creation, and surveys
- Ability to work across multiple projects while maintaining a high level of organization.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and an ability to explain research outcomes to a wide audience.
- Comfort working as a part of a small team, alongside a variety of stakeholders: designers, PMs, engineers, marketing, and customer success.
- Nice to have: Experience working with Saas or B2B products
- Nice to have: Experience working with quantitative data & methods
Perks & Benefits:
Flexible PTO & Work Hours
"Work from Anywhere" Policy
Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
HSA & FSA (Medical and Dependent Care)
Life Insurance & STD/LTD
10 Weeks Paid Parental Leave for Birth/Adoption
Remote IT/Home Office Stipend
Learning and Development Reimbursements
Fun, interactive and inclusive team-building events, off-sites, and happy hours
Even if you do not meet all the requirements above, we still encourage you to apply for this position. While we try to be thorough with our prerequisites, not everything about you as a candidate can be condensed into a list of bullet points.
We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.
*Fountain is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer—M/F/D/V*