Yassir is the leading super App for on demand and payment services in the Maghreb region set to changing the way daily services are provided. It currently operates in 26 cities across Algeria, Morocco and Tunisia with recent expansions into France, Canada and Sub-Saharan Africa. It is backed (+$43M in funding) by VCs from Silicon Valley, Europe and other parts of the world including Y Combinator, which is the precursor of the likes of Airbnb, Stripe, Dropbox, Doordash, among others.
We offer on-demand services such as ride-hailing and last-mile delivery. Building on this infrastructure, we are now introducing financial services to help our users pay, save and borrow digitally. Helping usher the continent into a digital economy era.
We’re not just about serving people - we’re about creating a marketplace to bring people what they need while infusing social values.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As an UI-UX Designer , you will be responsible for delivering the best online user experience, which makes your role extremely important for our success and ensuring customer satisfaction and loyalty. You will be designing ideas using various methods and latest technology.
- Plan and implement new designs
- Optimize existing user interface designs
- Test for intuitivity and experience
- Communicate with clients to understand their business goals and objectives
- Develop technical and business requirements and always strive to deliver intuitive and user-centered solutions
- Combine creativity with an awareness of the design elements
- Create prototypes for new product ideas
- Test new ideas before implementing
- Conduct an ongoing user research
- A bachelor's degree or an equivalent in a related field.
- At least 2 years of experience as an UI-UX Designer or similar role
- UI design portfolio
- Experience with Figma and/or other design software
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to discuss and explain design options
- Critical thinker
- Problem solver and customer-centered
- Excellent technical knowledge.
- Good leadership, decision-making, and organization skills.
- Strong attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
- Nice to have technical skills (Strongly advised for senior profiles):
- Experience managing day-to-day technical and design direction.
- Knowledge of multiple functional areas such as Product Management, Engineering, Sales, Customer Support, Finance or Marketing.
- Ability to influence multiple stakeholders without direct authority.
- Outstanding written & verbal communication skills
- Outstanding project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, self-start, contribute under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Highly organized, creative and critical thinker
- Comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environment
- Procurement or legal background is a big plus
- Excellent judgment, communication and interpersonal skills
- Organized and obsessive about details
- Hard working, passionate and looking to embrace the challenge
- Thrive in high impact/high profile situations
- Enthusiastic about Yassir!
- Great compensation and bonuses including stock options.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment
- Paid company holidays
- Full social coverage
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN YASSIR
- Join one of the fastest-growing tech companies in North Africa
- Have a lasting impact on our company's culture
- Make a real impact on the world by helping us bring affordable financial and on-demand services to millions of Africans
- Work on some really hard technical challenges from identity infrastructure for Africans, digital payment networks to complex mapping and routing systems across the continent.
- We are the first Algerian startup to go through Y Combinator program and we’re backed by top investors including Unpopular Ventures, Rebel Fund and DainTree.VC
*Research shows that women do not apply to jobs if they do not meet all of the requirements. We would like to hear from you if you feel you would be a good fit for us!
Do you want to become part of our first-class team? Then you absolutely have to send us your application. 🚀
PS: And if you want to stand out in your application, just let us know in your cover letter why we should have in our team. 💡
Diversity & Inclusion & Engagement:
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, as we believe diverse teams are more successful in the long term. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, and we encourage all people equally to apply for jobs with us.