ABOUT THE ROLE
Peloton is seeking an experienced Technical Writer to help build user-facing/internal documentation for our connected fitness devices. The ideal candidate will have the capability of writing for audiences of varying technical expertise. They will consider the user’s needs and technical ability to effectively craft written and visual documentation that will detail how to use, assemble, repair, and enjoy a Peloton product. They will work directly with Product Managers, Engineers, Legal, Compliance, and Quality to gather all the appropriate experience, technical, and regulatory information.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
● Obtain a deep product understanding to distill complex product information into clear and
● Write user-facing content for quick start guides, user manuals, and other printed and digital
materials relating to our fitness devices
● Write internal-facing content, such as device assembly instructions and repair SOPs.
● Solicit and compile feedback from stakeholders, including feedback from Technical Editors
● Work closely with graphic designers to ensure document content, format, layout, and branding are
taken into consideration
● Manage language translations
● Create technical illustrations (using SolidWorks Composer)
● Keep documentation organized and available for stakeholders
● Meet program deadlines
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
● 2+ years Technical writing experience
● Extreme attention to detail
● Experience developing internal and external-facing documentation from start to finish
● Experience with Adobe InDesign
● Experience with SolidWorks Composer
● Ability to scrutinize your own work
● Experience with printed documentation
● Available work samples
● Experience with integrated hardware-software products
● Experience with writing for international markets
● Project management skills
● Experience working with external vendors
● Passion for consumer technology or fitness
Base Salary: $103,200.00 to $134,200.00
The base salary range represents the low and high end of the anticipated salary range for this position based at our New York City headquarters. The actual base salary offered for this position will depend on numerous factors including individual performance, business objectives, and if the location for the job changes. Our base salary is just one component of Peloton’s competitive total rewards strategy that also includes annual equity awards and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan as well as other region-specific health and welfare benefits.
As an organization, one of our top priorities is to maintain the health and wellbeing for our employees and their family. To achieve this goal, we offer robust and comprehensive benefits including:
Peloton is the leading interactive fitness platform globally, with a passionate community of nearly 7 million Members in the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that motivate its Members to commit to their fitness journeys. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, and best-in-class fitness experts and Instructors.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.