Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
This position requires an experienced professional with a Technical Publications background. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Gather information and field documentation requests from subject matter experts (such as engineers, quality assurance, software developers, product managers, and technicians)
- Collaborate with technicians and engineers to document processes.
- Comprehend and extract system operation information from engineering documentation and tools (such as schematics, system specifications, and Confluence)
- Produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and update existing content.
- Ensure content is accurate (for example, validate information accuracy, peer review others’ content, and follow review processes).
- Strategize and implement process improvements, for both documentation processes and peripherally-related processes.
- Source and use graphics appropriately (for example, request figures from technical illustrators, take photos, and edit photos and figures to highlight areas of interest to users).
- Manage tasks and information flow using collaboration software (such as JIRA, Confluence, Smartsheet, Lucidchart and custom databases).
- Create and maintain the information architecture
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures.
- Strong attention to detail, strong personal organization, collaboration, and time management skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members (face to face and through e-mail).
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and challenging work environment with very tight deadlines
- Must have the ability to be flexible, work independently, and interact with internal teams as well as customers
- Manage multiple projects and work independently using creativity, ingenuity, and self-motivation.
- Positive attitude toward change and inevitable mid-project course corrections.
- Writing for translation or localization experience.
- Willing to work from Headquarters in Newark, Ca. full-time
- 3-5 years’ experience in technical writing of software documentation with knowledge of relevant content development tools
- Bachelor’s degree, certificate in Technical Writing, or equivalent professional experience
- Markup language experience (such as HTML, XML, DITA XML, XLS or SGML).
- Structured authoring tool experience (such as oXygen, XMetaL, structured FrameMaker, or Arbortext Editor).
- Content Management System (CMS) experience (such as Team Center, SDL LiveContent Architect).
- Knowledge of Atlassian Confluence and JIRA
- Documentation strategy and architecture experience.
- Style guideline experience (Simplified Technical English, S1000D, MIL-STD, MMSTP, or custom style guide creation or contributions).
- Portfolio of hardcopy or softcopy writing samples and projects
- Provide high quality writing samples and/or take a writing test
- Knowledge of Adobe InDesign is a plus
- Experience OEM Automotive Technical Authoring Experience
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
CA / Bay Area: $96,000 - $120,000
Additional Compensation and Benefits: Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k. The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid’s equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
Notice regarding COVID-19 protocols
At Lucid, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus all new Lucid employees, whose job will be based in the United States may or may not be required to provide original documentation confirming status as having received the prescribed inoculation (doses). Vaccination requirements are dependent upon location and position, please refer to the job description for more details.
Individuals in positions requiring vaccinations may seek a medical and/or religious exemption from this requirement and may be granted such an accommodation after submitting a formal request to and the subsequent review and approval thereof by our dedicated Covid-19 Response team.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.