We all have important information we need to manage, and protecting it should be easy. Over 100,000 businesses and millions of people log in to 1Password to unlock smart, simple access to everything they care about. Our vision is to create a safer, simpler digital future for everyone, and our culture values simplicity, honesty and a human-centric approach to solving problems. Come help us unlock peace of mind so everyone can stay safer online.
As a Technical Writer, you’ll be a key contributor to the Documentation team at 1Password. Our team’s mission: communicate complex ideas about 1Password, simply. On this creative and highly collaborative team, you’ll be a prime contributor to written work that helps people (especially end users and administrators) use and understand 1Password better. You have strong time-management skills and are comfortable navigating ambiguity and managing competing priorities.
The written word is your art form as you craft high-quality and crystal-clear docs. You’ll work collaboratively and cross-functionally within and outside the Tech Writing team, because you know it’s important to bring multiple perspectives together to write the best documentation. You have experience interfacing with developers, solutions engineers, customer support, and product managers to understand the features you're documenting.
This is a remote opportunity within Canada and the United States. Please provide us with writing samples along with your application. Be sure to describe your role in the writing you submit.
What we're looking for:
- Has 3+ years of professional experience clearly and concisely communicating advanced technical concepts to internal and external audiences, so they can accomplish important tasks and goals.
- Is comfortable with Markdown, HTML, CSS, publishing with static site generators, and using Git workflows.
- Builds relationships across the organization and consults with subject matter experts.
- Has familiarity with integrating company style guides into all technical writing.
- Uses data to drive decisions around documentation gaps and improvements.
- Has an eye for documentation structure, organization, and audience experience.
What you can expect:
- Assist with maintenance and continuous improvement of the entire 1Password documentation experience: updating previously published documentation, assessing gaps for new documentation, and expanding our documentation offerings with input from cross-functional team members.
- Research new product features and write customer-focused how-tos, tutorials, and comprehensive reference documentation on product, security, and privacy topics.
- Develop a strong technical understanding of our products and their intended audiences.
- Engage in creative problem solving, experimenting with new documentation approaches and standards and sharing challenges and successes with a distributed writing team.
- Learn from the edits of other team members and grow in your career as a technical writer.
- What you can expect in Month 1:
- Get to know the product, our culture, the technical writing team's processes, and the people you'll be working with.
- Read our team’s internal documentation, improving it as you go.
- Get comfortable navigating our documentation repositories and using our toolchain.
- Meet folks across the organization, learning about our users and products.
- Fix small bugs and address minor docs feedback.
- What you can expect in Month 2:
- Build ideas of how we can improve our current docs and processes.
- Get comfortable writing to our style guide.
- Work on more complex but still clearly scoped projects.
- Continue building relationships with product managers, engineers, and other stakeholders.
- Start to review your teammates’ work, using it as an opportunity to expand your product knowledge, talk through areas of uncertainty, and make suggestions for improvements.
- What you can expect in Month 3:
- You’re well informed on 1Password’s products and on the cross-functional teams that bring new features to market.
- Continue building a network within the company, meeting new people often and hearing their perspectives on working here.
- Have confidence in your ability to find the right person or team for questions you can’t answer yourself.
Bonus points for:
- Has experience with documentation translation and localization, particularly to German.
USA-based roles only: The Annual base salary for this role is between $77,000 USD and $104,000 USD, plus immediate participation in 1Password's benefits program (health, dental, 401k and many others), utilization of our generous paid time off, an equity grant and, where applicable, participation in our incentive programs.
Canada-based roles only: The Annual base salary for this role is between $77,000 CAD and $104,000 CAD, plus immediate participation in 1Password’s generous benefits program (health, dental, RRSP and many others), utilization of our generous paid time off, an equity grant and, where applicable, participation in our incentive programs.
At 1Password, we approach each individual's compensation with a promise of fair market value and internal equity commensurate with experience and specific skill set.
We believe in the power of remote work, but we also recognize that some in-person connection with team members and customers is important to help us achieve our mission. While we are a remote-first company, occasional travel for in-person engagement will be a part of this role. This may include but is not limited to bi-annual department-wide offsites, quarterly department meetings and periodic customer events. These events will typically be held in varying locations across Canada and the USA. In leadership roles, you can expect to travel once per month on average.
What we offer:
We believe in working hard, and resting hard. We’re always looking for new ways to support our team members, but here’s a glance at what we currently offer:
Health and wellbeing
> 👶 Maternity and parental leave top up programs
> 👟 Wellness spending account
> 🏝 Generous PTO policy
> 💖 Company-wide wellness days off scheduled throughout the year
> 🧠 Wellness Coach membership
> 🩺 Comprehensive health coverage
Growth and future
> 📈 Employee stock option program for all full time employees
> 💸 Retirement matching program
> 💡 Training budget, 1Password University access, and learning sessions
> 🔑 Free 1Password account (and friends and family discount!)
Flexibility and community
> 🤝 Paid volunteer days
> 🌎 Employee-led DEI&B programs and ERGs
> 🏠 Fully remote environment
> 🏆 Peer-to-peer recognition through Bonusly
You belong here.
1Password is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, diverse and equitable workplace that is built on trust, support and respect. We welcome all individuals and do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, sex, citizenship, education, languages spoken or veteran status. Be yourself, find your people and share the things you love.
Accommodation is available upon request at any point during our recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please speak to your talent acquisition partner or email us at [email protected] and we’ll work to meet your needs.
Remote work is a part of our DNA. Given that our company was founded remotely in 2005, we can safely say we're experts at building remote culture. That said, remote work at 1Password does mean working from your home country. If you've got questions or concerns about this your Talent Partner would be happy to address them with you.
Successful applicants will be required to complete a background check that may consist of prior employment verification, reference checks, education confirmation, criminal background, publicly available social media, credit history, or other information, as permitted by local law.
Candidate Privacy Notice
When you apply for a position, refer a candidate, or are being considered for a role at AgileBits, Inc. (dba 1Password, 1Password, we, us, or our), your information is stored in Lever, in accordance with Lever's Service Privacy Notice. We use this information to evaluate your candidacy for the posted position. We also store this information, and may use it in relation to future positions to which you apply, or which we believe may be relevant to you given your background. Candidates may also optionally choose to self-identify their race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, and disability. These answers will help us evaluate our diversity and belonging efforts. You do not have to answer these questions—your answers will not be linked to your name or job application, will not be visible to the hiring manager reviewing your application, and will in no way affect your job application. If you have any questions about the collection or use of this information, please contact [[email protected]]. When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your information, we will either delete or anonymize it. If you have any questions about how we use or process your information, or if you would like to ask to access, correct, or delete your information, please contact our privacy team at [[email protected]] or through 1Password Support.