Recurly, Inc. provides a versatile subscription management platform to manage the entire subscription lifecycle for market-leading brands worldwide. Subscription businesses such as Sling TV, BarkBox, FabFitFun, Cinemark and Fubo.tv
depend on Recurly to harness the power of the subscription model and drive recurring revenue growth. Since its launch in 2009, Recurly has deployed subscription billing for thousands of companies across 42 countries. Our platform empowers billions of credit card transactions and has enabled customers to recover $450 million + in Revenue.
Recurly is backed by Accel-KKR, a leading technology-focused private equity firm with over $9 billion in capital commitments. The partnership offers Recurly access to significant capital and resources to make continued investments in technology and platform innovation and expand our go-to-market initiatives.
Headquartered in San Francisco, Recurly is hiring remotely across the US depending on role and experience.
We are looking for a Technical Product Owner with a strong technical background in Payments. This individual will bridge the gap between business and technical within software development, ensuring that the engineering deliverables accomplish our Recurly product roadmap.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Building and maintaining the backlog to achieve strategic objectives, ensuring that the prioritization carries through from intake to delivery
- Identifying risks and dependencies to support the development team in delivering the highest quality code
- Ability to read and translate technical specs into actionable stories
- Converting product and technical requests into functional user stories - taking the product strategy and design and making it a reality
- Owning the delivery of the feature to meet the user functionality requested
- Refining user stories and technical requirements through collaboration with product and agile delivery teams
- Balancing priorities to address technical and functional health of the platform
- Creating technical and product documentation on features delivered
- Ensuring alignment and clarity around the objective throughout all stages of delivery
- Work directly with customers, to clarify requirements and ensure solution will deliver value to end users
Required Skills & Experience
- Deep technical and business knowledge of payments processing, the payments industry and emerging trends
- Expert in the payment business and products and services provided by the payment gateways and processors, including but not limited to regulatory requirements
- 4+ years experience as a Technical Product owner in Payments (Visa, Stripe, etc)
- Strong balance of business knowledge and technical skills
- Experience managing and prioritizing a backlog of both product feature requests and technical enhancements
- Strong collaboration with product and agile delivery teams
- Experience with Agile or Scrum methodologies
- Self-motivated, with a strong desire to learn and improve
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Benefits & Compensation:
As a full-time employee, Recurly offers competitive benefits programs, perks and options designed to fit your needs and the needs of your family. We offer medical, dental and vision benefits and a menu from which to choose options that work best for you and eligible dependents. We also offer life insurance, short and long-term disability, hospital indemnity, critical illness coverage, employee accident protection, health savings account (HSA) with company contribution & flexible spending account (FSA) options, employee assistance program, Legal and Pet Insurance.
Other perks may include:
Optional remote or in office work
401(k) Retirement Plan and company match
Flex Time Off
Monthly internet stipend
The anticipated salary range for this position is $140,000 - $165,000. Compensation offered will depend upon job-related factors including relevant experience, skills and geography.
Recurly is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, age, race, religion, or any other classification which is protected by applicable law. Recurly is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]