Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
Xero’s ‘Business Products’ offers several products that support small businesses. We are here to help small business owners build better workplaces by freeing up time to focus on their people, not processes and paperwork. We will do this by bringing together a suite of tools to provide a seamless and personalised experience for the employer and their employees.
As our Product Owner, you’ll have the unique opportunity to drive the analysis of customer problems and the solving of these - both for Xero product teams, and Xero customers. You’ll be responsible for an API product that enables centralised and easy management of employee information for Xero’s products and ecosystem app partners. This product is a key strategic priority and will unlock new opportunities for Xero.
What are we looking for in a Product Owner?
- 3+ years experience as a Product Owner in a software company or an experienced Engineer looking to make a career move into Product.
- Experience in delivering API products for internal customers or partners would be advantageous in this role.
- Ability to establish strong relationships with engineering to support design and architecture work in order to deliver on our key outcomes.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and the ability to communicate technical concepts to them.
- Ability to break down complex technical problems, deliver real-world business outcomes and handle changing priorities.
- Inclusive attitude and agile mindset.
- Love of building beautiful, quality software, coupled with a knowledge of design thinking.
What you’ll do?
- Understanding of internal and external customer problems; you will be the champion of the ‘what’ and the ‘why’ within our product teams.
- Partner closely with engineers to build products (especially APIs) and complex systems at scale
- Contribute to the technical discussions and make product decisions to enable the long term product vision.
- Understanding the demands for features and enhancements, and balancing technical constraints with business needs. This includes listening to and interacting with leadership teams, engineering and customers.
- Own the delivery and prioritisation of the roadmap, product planning, and requirements for new features and improvements.
- Maintain strong communications and alignment with all teams at Xero.
- Contribute to cultivating a fun, creative and motivated culture that lives and breathes our Xero values.
If you want to work with an internationally acclaimed, award-winning product right here in Auckland then this is the opportunity you’re looking for. We’ve got huge global reach and appeal, have a strategy in place for continued success and now is the time to be a part of it all.
Xero’s environment is an awesome place to develop in: we have a diverse and inclusive culture that we’re proud of. Whether you’re after a workplace with a social vibe, or a workplace which understands your family is priority - Xero is all of that and more.
We’re a big part of the development community and you’ll find Xero’s attending and speaking at conferences, hosting meetups or mentoring students. We’re really open in our discussions at Xero, from the latest product management thinking to improving diversity and inclusion.
At Xero, we encourage flexible working hours and arrangements that allow you to balance your life and passions. We trust you to build to the best of your ability and will support your real passion for continual learning with training and career mentorship to help you flourish.
As part of our awesome package you’ll get Xero shares as well as a swathe of other cool perks to make your time here that much more fun than elsewhere.
Apply now and we’ll take it from there!
Xero is an NZ Immigration Accredited Employer and Rainbow Tick certified too.
Please include a cover letter in your application, telling us why you’re a great fit for this position.