We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
Canva is an online graphic design platform that creates tools that empower the world to design. Since launching in August 2013, Canva has acquired more than 100 million users, over 700 million uploaded images and 1 billion designs. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time. We're now looking for a Technical Content Writer to join us in our Sydney office.
Every day, hundreds of developers read the documentation for Canva’s development platform and we are looking for a technical writer who can help document our platform’s latest features. You’ll work alongside the existing tech writer and eventually own large sections of the documentation.
About the App Store team
- The App Store’s mission is to deliver a developer platform where our customers can customise their Canva experience to help them accomplish their jobs to be done. We do this by delivering a platform where Apps can be built and installed into Canva.
- You’ll be the technical writer behind our developer portal product, where developers learn about our API offering and the opportunities available to build on our platform.
- You’ll be working alongside the engineers, PMs and designers who build the App Store. You’ll also be working with our wider Canva Content and Design School Teams, crafting our messaging.
- Become an expert at developing Canva Apps.
- Write clear, conversational documentation.
- Keep up to date with Canva’s latest APIs.
- Help design the documentation’s information architecture.
- Improve the documentation based on feedback and support tickets.
- You have excellent writing skills.
- You love making complex things simple.
- You can understand and document REST APIs just by looking at an OpenAPI spec.
- You have 3+ years of experience in a similar role.
- You’re comfortable with a docs-as-code workflow (Markdown, git, GitHub, etc).
How to Apply
- You can provide the links of your samples using the fields given in the Apply page.
Canva is currently one of Australia’s hottest technology startups and has been the #1 ranked Australian Workplace in Technology by JobAdvisor for the second year in a row.
We mean it when we say we want to create a workplace that you love coming to. Our culture is unlike anywhere else and our offices are designed with workspaces for every mood, to help you do great work. At Canva you can be part of a company that is growing rapidly, building a product that users really love.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.