Lime is the world's largest shared electric vehicle company. We’re on a mission to build a future where transportation is shared, affordable and carbon-free. Our electric bikes and scooters have powered 400+ million rides in 250+ cities on 5 continents, replacing an estimated 100+ million car trips. Named a Time 100 Most Influential Company and Fast Company Brand That Matters, we achieved a fully profitable year in 2022, becoming the first in our industry to reach this milestone.
We are seeking an exceptional Staff UX Researcher for our Rider team. You will lead the research for our iOS / Android Lime Rider app in addition to contributing to our safety programs, city integrations, monetization strategy and leveraging our hardware teams to deliver full service design. Your work will be seen and used by consumers all over the world in the 250+ markets we operate in.
We are looking for leaders who have an arsenal of UXR tools ranging from qualitative through to quantitative, and who are able to jump in to deliver core usability studies as well as identifying and delivering foundational UXR to drive our business forwards.
What You'll Do:
- You will create understanding and empathy around user needs, stated and unstated, for your entire product team including designers, product managers, and engineers.
- Identify and frame strategic problems, own the research lifecycle, translate insights to influence both short and long-term product decisions and roadmaps.
- Conduct usability studies using methodologies including interviews, diary studies, surveys, and relevant approaches to answer the research questions.
- Analyze, synthesize, and interpret study findings into key insights to be delivered to cross-disciplinary stakeholders in clear, concise, and compelling ways
- Engage cross-functional stakeholders to align on research needs and define projects that clearly convey the goals, hypotheses, recruiting characteristics, methods to be used, and expected impact.
- Collaborate with Lime’s hardware team to deliver full service design by creating experiences that delight users spanning software, hardware and the real world.
- Candidates will ideally have 7+ years of experience in an applied research setting, or similar.
- Experience in quantitative and qualitative research methodology including, usability, interviewing, concept testing, diary studies, literature reviews, focus groups, and surveys.
- Experience with product research, either in a business, usability, or generative setting.
- Expertise in mobile app design & development, preferred expertise in transportation and / or working with hardware partners and operations partners
- An ability to own and drive the strategy and execution of entire end-to-end research programs.
- Experience working in a very dynamic environment.
- Experience leading both foundational and evaluative research.
The anticipated salary range for this position is $133,000.00 - $229,000.00. Equity and benefits may be provided as part of the compensation package, depending on the position offered. Not all candidates will be eligible for the upper end of the salary range. Exact salary will ultimately depend on multiple factors, which may include the successful candidate's skills, experience and other qualifications as well as the candidate's location of residence. In addition to base salary, some roles may be eligible for a variable bonus based on a combination of company performance, employee performance, and management discretion.
When you join Lime, you join a global community of smart, caring, talented individuals working together to deliver world-changing results; striving to create an experience that enables Limers to do their best work. Here are some ways we support and invest in our team:
Competitive salaries, performance-based annual bonus and pre-IPO equity
Health and wellness offerings for all team members starting day one including access to top-tier fitness and mindfulness apps
Flexible vacation policies with ample paid holidays tailored to country of residence
Fully-paid leave following the birth or adoption of a child and financial, medical and educational support for Limers pursuing parenthood
Support for retirement and financial goals with unlimited access to financial advisors
Unlimited, complimentary use of our vehicles in hundreds of cities around the world
Professional growth opportunities through quarterly learning days and top-tier tools
Opportunities to connect across teams and locations to network, socialize and volunteer
Culture of belonging with Employee Resource Groups that engage and promote cultural awareness and DEI training across all functions
Consistent recognition of great work through meaningful rewards and career advancements
Benefits and perks vary depending on the nature of your employment and country of residence. Terms and conditions may apply.
If you want to make an impact, Lime is the place for you. Not sure if you meet all the qualifications? If this role excites you we encourage you to apply. Explore all opportunities on our career page.
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s just the start. We believe different perspectives help us grow and achieve more. That’s why we’re dedicated to hiring and developing the most talented and globally diverse team – which includes individuals with different backgrounds, abilities, identities and experiences.