What you'll do
As a member of our growing Research team, you’ll be instrumental in creating a world-class practice that uncovers insights and shapes products that solve real customer problems. While you'll have the opportunity to touch and influence various aspects of our platform and business, you'll drive research for our newest offering: Compensation. You'll focus on a product that's core to our strategy and that will enable our customers to have more clarity, efficiency, and equity around comp decisions which as we know, effects every single employee. This role will report to our UX Research Manager.
- Deliver insights that drive product and design decisions for a 0 to 1 product
- Work closely with the talented team of Designers, PMs, Engineers, and CX to identify the most impactful research questions, and develop effective ways to explore them to drive near and long term decision making.
- Plan and lead both generative and evaluative research projects end-to-end at both a strategic and tactical level. You'll choose methods and processes that lead to sound decision-making in a fast-paced environment, including mixed methods such as surveying, interviewing, and more.
- Clearly communicate and socialize research results to the right people at the right time and drive actionable recommendations that have real impact.
- Support the growth of our research practice
- Collaborate with EPD leaders and the Research team to ensure our strategy and products solve real customer problems.
- Develop scalable practices to drive a research culture across the company.
- Embody our team values, research principles, and standards for craft.
Who you are
- 7+ years of research experience: you've tackled complex workflows and systems, have worked across multiple product areas with many stakeholders, and enjoy sharing your findings with your cross-functional teammates.
- A strategic, yet pragmatic eye: you have a keen eye for areas we should dive into. You ground your research priorities in things that will drive customer and business value, directly influencing the product roadmap.
- Autonomous when you need to be: You independently identify research opportunities, scope the work effectively, and advocate to bring the project to life. You're also no stranger to the messy middle of the work, converging/diverging, choosing methods, and assessing constraints and risk.
- Familiar with our structure: You have prior experience working in an in-house Research team and have worked in an embedded capacity.
- A hunger for collaboration: you do your best work when partnering cross-functionally and believe that research shouldn't be left to one team, but should be a company-wide practice.
- A passion for going beyond the request: you proactively identify opportunities to advocate for customer needs across product areas, increasing the utility, usability, and desirability of our platform.
- A great communicator and collaborator: you simplify complexity and are clear and concise in driving understanding and action from your research findings.
We'd be especially excited if you have...
- Passion for the HR and People Management space
- Experience in People Management software, B2B or SaaS companies with complex offerings
- Experience creating a 0-to-1 product in a new market
- Experience managing Alpha and Beta research programs
- Experience conducting evaluative research that informs iterative improvements to a product, shaping tactical opportunities and uncovering strategic areas of investment
- Experience doing research across separate but related product lines/pods that support multiple teams' goals and needs.
- Experience developing product metrics and leveraging metrics to guide research questions
- Experience or familiarity with SQL
- Excitement about building a world-class Research practice!
Why join our Design & Research Team?
We're a passionate group of people who are dedicated to growing together. Currently ~20, our team spans Brand Design, Product Design, and Research.
You can learn more about us in our Notion page! It covers who we are as individuals, some of our recent work, how we commit to DE&I, and most importantly — the rituals and rhythms we've invested in as a team to grow as craftspeople and just… people.
- We invest in the personal and professional growth of every employee because we believe growth leads to both business impact and personal fulfillment
- The opportunity to join an experienced and ambitious team that is passionate about solving customers’ needs and loves coming to work every day
- Partner with 3,250+ companies around the world to make sure their employees are engaged and performing at a high level
- A culture that encourages and promotes professional growth and development, with continuous learning reimbursements
- Competitive salary, equity, and benefits
- Flexible vacation/time-off policy
Lattice is on a mission to build cultures where employees and their companies thrive. In an age where innovation is happening all around us, there's commonality – people are driving these changes. We offer a solution that helps companies put employees first. Lattice is a people management tool that offers performance reviews, employee engagement surveys, real-time feedback, weekly check-ins, and goal setting in a way that allows companies to focus on employee development, growth, and engagement. Since launching in 2016 we have grown to over 3,100 customers globally, including brands like Slack, Reddit, Glossier, and Asana.
Lattice is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Lattice is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.