Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
About the role:
As a Staff Technical Writer, you will have a huge impact on scaling our platform usage to millions of creators, helping them build experiences on Roblox. You'll lead by being a prolific writer across many technology stacks and also guide other writers on the team to achieve their best. You'll report to our Director of Technical Writing
- Learn and use our products and technologies such as Roblox Studio, Open Cloud, Lua and REST APIs, and more
- Write technical documentation such as API reference docs, conceptual and task-based guides, tutorials, and code samples
- Help improve our information architecture with an in-depth understanding of our users
- Improve creator experience by giving feedback to Engineering, Product, and Design teams
- Set guidelines and processes for the broader tech writing team
- A BA/BS degree in Technical Communications, Computer Science or equivalent, and 5+ years of equivalent experience
- Drive and passion to learn new technical concepts
- The ability to bring large docsets to completion across multiple teams, where no processes or standards exist
- Focus to prioritize your work, and the work of others
- Expertise in high-level technical writing and information architecture theory
- Experience working in and improving docs-as-code authoring environments
For roles that are based at our headquarters in San Mateo, CA: The starting base pay for this position is as shown below. The actual base pay is dependent upon a variety of job-related factors such as professional background, training, work experience, location, business needs and market demand. Therefore, in some circumstances, the actual salary could fall outside of this expected range. This pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. All full-time employees are also eligible for equity compensation and for benefits.
Annual Salary Range
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.