About the role
As a customer-focused product-led company, product managers at FireHydrant drive our product strategy and execution. They weave together our company’s vision, customers’ needs, and industry trends to deliver a compelling roadmap that improves how technology teams can respond to incidents and manage their reliability. You’ll partner with every team within FireHydrant: Engineering, Design, Marketing, Sales, and Customer Success. You’ll have your hands on the multi-year strategy for your products while delivering value to our customers every quarter.
The work you’ll do
- Own and communicate the product vision and plan the roadmap projects for your area of the product
- Collaborate closely with your engineering and design partners to deliver the roadmap across sprints and quarters
- Talk to customers to understand their most important points of friction and jobs to be done
- Communicate your insights and learnings from qualitative, quantitative, and competitive research across the whole organization.
- Collaborate with go-to-market teams to launch product changes to our customers
What we’re looking for
- Experience as a product manager with a proven track record of shipping impactful product.
- Demonstrable experience in leading a team.
- You can communicate product decisions, strategies, and the rationale behind them. You can help others make decisions by being persuasive. You're comfortable making decisions with multiple different paths forward.
- You have deep experience working with both qualitative customer insights and quantitative customer data to inform decisions. You've conducted user research, a/b tests, and have worked closely with design researchers and analysts.
- You have an understanding of the technical architecture of complex web applications.
What you will accomplish in...
In one month, you'll
- Deliver your first update to the product
- Present your user research about how customers are currently communicating about their incidents in FireHydrant built from 15 user interviews and quantitative data
- Create your own rough draft of your product vision for Incident Management and present to the team
In three months, you'll
- Present and own the product vision for Incident Management
- Create a Now, Next, Later roadmap and strategic framework to present to the leadership team during quarterly planning
- Successfully take multiple improvements through the product development and GTM process
In 6 months, you'll
- Execute the strategy laid out through your product vision
- Present a thorough go to market strategy for Incident Management and Communications
- Identified large problem areas unaddressed by any other product in the market
- Develop a tight integration strategy to our Service Ownership product
- Become the internal expert on incident management
In one year, you'll
- Launch a standalone product
- Validate and propose large ambitious problems to tackle
- Be an external expert on incident management
FireHydrant is the only full-cycle incident management platform that drives reliability. It replaces siloed knowledge, disparate tools, and homegrown processes with a fully automated, customizable platform that makes it simple to efficiently and consistently respond to incidents — and ultimately, to learn from them. That’s why the world's most innovative engineer teams — like Spotify, Snyk, and 1Password — choose FireHydrant to build and scale their incident management programs.
Backed by Menlo Ventures, Work-Bench, Harmony Partners, and Salesforce Ventures, our 50 (and growing!) team members are building the future of reliability from remote offices around the US. Join us.
Life at FireHydrant
- We’re remote-first with employees living and working around the US while our physical headquarters is in NYC (Union Square)
- 1x per year we will gather in-person as a company; as teams we gather another 1-2x per year depending on the safety of such a gathering, and have virtual events throughout the year
- We collaborate through Slack, Zoom, Notion, and Google Workspace
- Kind candor - we expect honesty delivered through kindness, first and foremost
- Transparency & equity - information is shared openly; we welcome ideas and contribution regardless of role or experience level
- We value building trust, acting with integrity and continuously improving
- 100% employer-paid health, vision and dental premiums for the employee and 75% of dependents
- Unlimited vacation policy with a minimum requirement of three weeks off per-year, with sustainable working hours and healthy work/life balance
- Home office stipend: get your workspace set up in a way that works best for you
- 401k match
FireHydrant believes that everyone should be compensated fairly and we strive for transparency within our organization and the industry. We set our salaries at the 75th percentile of pay for the San Francisco market using compensation data from hundreds of companies at our stage. Additionally, everyone in a given role is paid the same without adjusting for locality. The salary for this position is $190,000 (for Sr. PM) or $215,000 (for Staff PM) depending on leveling.
- FireHydrant requires that all newly hired employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations provided based on medical need or religious belief.
- All employees must be able to show authorization to work in the US.
Note: FireHydrant is not working with agencies for this role.