Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
About the Team
We are a “startup within a startup,” a small, cross-functional team working on one of Opendoor’s next plays. We believe that “what got us here won’t get us there,” and we need to constantly innovate to fully realize our mission of empowering everyone with the freedom to move. The specific opportunity we’re chasing is highly strategic with the opportunity to become a household name in real estate.
For the right person, this role should feel like the best of all worlds: the funding, supportive infrastructure and gravitas of a public company; with a full-stack, scrappy team building from scratch, immersing in customer needs, and iterating fast.
Our team is unique within Opendoor, and also for the technology industry more generally. We have c-level executive sponsorship to move fast and independently, and to build from first principles. Our team has experience building from “0 to 1” at Opendoor, Square, Dropbox, Uber, and Y Combinator-backed startups.
About the Role
As a Staff Product Designer and founding member of our team, you’ll own projects from inception to scale. You’ll flex across all parts of our business, designing customer-facing experiences across mobile, web, and in the real world. Opendoor is an inherently “online/offine” business and our customer journey spans both physical and digital experiences—as a Staff Product Designer, you’ll be responsible for both.
You’ll tackle a variety of challenges to help deepen our product-market fit and then scale and have an opportunity to define how homes—the largest asset class— will be bought and sold in the future.
You’ll lead the design direction of the product and be part of a cross-functional leadership team responsible for making the product a breakout success.
To that point, we appreciate designers who think deeply about people and processes, not just pixels, and love getting their hands dirty with customer research. The ideal designer for this team has experience building service-oriented consumer products.
- Ideate: Work with Product, Engineering, Research, and Operations to design and visualize a new product that doesn’t exist just to Opendoor, but to the world.
- Research: Partner with User Experience Research to conduct user interviews and determine common pain points, product improvements and priorities. Conduct light-weight research independently to inform design decisions on creating a truly amazing product.
- Create: Design information architecture diagrams, wireframes, flows, high-fidelity mock-ups, features, physical signs, tooling, etc, to drive this new product to success.
- Communicate: Showcase your vision and rationale behind design decisions to stakeholders and your team.
- Collaborate: Work closely with Product, Engineering, and Operations to validate the feasibility of your work and ensure high-quality implementation.
- Strategize: Help determine exactly what this new product should be, where it should go, and how to best achieve its vision.
- Great at what you do: You have a track record of 8+ years designing and making customer-centric products. You have an equally high craft bar as well as a high product bar wrt solving the right problem and have experience taking products from 0 to 1.
- Full stack: You are able to take things from idea to production and have experience designing across mobile and web.
- Customer-first: You care about our customers, and you understand that we exist, first and foremost, to serve a customer need.
- A creative problem solver: You have a proven track record of thinking “outside the box” to solve complicated and multi-faceted problems. You think top-down, bottoms-up and from multiple angles to make sure we’re being exhaustive and generative in the way we tackle challenges.
- Passionate about quality, but also biased to action: You have high attention to detail and a high quality bar; at the same time, you’re willing and able to be scrappy, and know that the true test of an idea comes when we try it out with real customers in the real world.
- Humble: You’re able and willing to “flex up and down” and roll up your sleeves to do whatever it takes to make the product successful.
- A team player: You know you can only go so far by yourself. You are a great collaborator and are able to influence without authority and bring others into the design process.
For CO Residents Only, and in accordance with C.R.S. Sec. 8-5-101 et seq., the estimated base salary range for this role is $132,000 - $240,000 per year. The estimated range is meant to reflect an anticipated salary range for the position in question based upon market data and other factors, all of which are subject to change. Individual pay is based upon location, skills and expertise, experience, and other relevant factors. For questions about this, our pay philosophy, and other available benefits, please speak to the recruiter if you decide to apply for the role and are selected for an interview.
More About Us
To learn how we are reinventing the Real Estate industry check out our website
, to hear about our culture directly from team members visit The Muse
and to discover what we are building for our customers read our blog posts
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks
• Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 85% coverage for dependents
• Flexible vacation policy
• Generous parental leave
• Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor Values Openness