As a Staff Product Designer on our Frontend Foundation team, you will be critical in developing and maintaining our design system by ensuring consistency and efficiency across all our products and features. In addition, you will collaborate closely with Product, Design, Engineering, and other stakeholders to understand user needs and business goals to create a scalable and effective design system that meets the organization's requirements.
Reporting to the Design Director, Core Business Unit, you will be able to utilize your expertise in design systems and understanding of design principles, visual hierarchy, and information architecture to significantly impact the development of a world-class design system. This is an excellent opportunity to build a compelling portfolio with projects that prioritize users and showcase increased customer satisfaction.
You can work remotely from anywhere in the U.S. or at Olo’s headquarters in NYC.
What You'll Do
- Develop and maintain a design system that supports the organization's design language and visual identity, ensuring consistency across all products and features.
- Collaborate closely with product designers, engineers, and other stakeholders to understand user needs and business goals, and create a scalable design system that supports the organization's goals.
- Work with product designers to ensure that all design elements align with the design system guidelines and are consistently applied across all products and features.
- Continuously refine and improve the design system, incorporating user feedback and staying up-to-date with the latest design trends and best practices.
- Create detailed documentation for the design system, including guidelines, templates, and assets, and ensure that it is easily accessible to all members of the organization.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to junior designers on the team on how to use the design system effectively and ensure its adherence.
- Collaborate with other design system designers across the organization to ensure consistency and alignment across all products and features.
- Lead design system training sessions to educate the organization on the importance and usage of the design system.
What We'll Expect From You
- Experience in product design with a strong focus on design systems.
- Proven experience developing and maintaining complex web or mobile application design systems.
- Strong understanding of design principles, visual hierarchy, and information architecture.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams, including product designers, engineers, and stakeholders, to deliver high-quality design solutions.
- Strong proficiency in Figma and its best practices for designing and implementing design systems.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to explain complex design concepts and rationale to non-designers.
- Knowledge of the latest design trends and best practices in design systems and the ability to apply them to create innovative and effective design solutions.
- A strong portfolio that showcases your design system work, including detailed documentation and examples of how the system has been implemented in real-world applications.
Olo is the engine of hospitality powering the restaurant industry's digital transformation. As a leading open SaaS platform, we enable over 600 restaurant brands to jointly reach 85 million connected guests across approximately 84,000 locations. More than two million orders per day run on Olo's platform, allowing brands to maximize the convergence of digital and brick-and-mortar operations while raising the bar on hospitality. The result: brands do more with less and make every guest feel like a regular. With integrations to over 300 technology partners, our customers can build digital experiences with the largest and most flexible restaurant commerce ecosystem on the market. You have likely used Olo and not even known it! Learn more at olo.com
We’re remote-friendly. Since 2015, we have been evolving our culture to continue to support a more distributed workforce and now over 75% of our team works remotely across the U.S. If you're in the New York City area, you can choose to work remotely or from Olo's headquarters, located in Tribeca.
We offer great benefits, such as 20 days of paid time off, 10 separate sick days, 11 holidays plus year-end closure, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, a 401k match, remote-office stipend, company equity, a generous parental leave plan, volunteer time off, gift matching policy, and more!
Our best estimate of the compensation range for this opportunity is $150k-$180k annually, depending on the experience you bring and your location. We look forward to discussing your salary expectations and our full total rewards offerings throughout the interview process.
We encourage you to apply!
We value diversity. At Olo, we know a diverse and inclusive team makes our workplace better. Don't meet every single qualification in the job description? Market data shows that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, that is free from discrimination and harassment; this allows us to make better decisions and better serve the communities we’re a part of. So if you're excited about this role but your previous experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
All applicants receive consideration for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility, please contact us at [email protected]