Looking for a design role flush with variety, impact, and big ideas? Our design team is growing! We are hiring for a Sr. Visual Designer to lead design efforts and tackle complex problems alongside a wildly creative, smart, and dedicated group of UX folks — designers, researchers, strategists, technologists. In this role, your design expertise will shine throughout the process from robust visual exploration to high fidelity prototyping.
If you are a designer at heart and love the opportunity to listen directly to users, ground ideas in research, and tell a story around your work, this role is for you. You’ll also need a desire for the fast pace and collaborative nature of client-facing agency work.
Please include your design portfolio in your application. Your portfolio should showcase creativity, craft, user-centered design methods, the ability to iterate broadly, and final design solutions.
A note about location: Blink has offices in California, Colorado, Massachusetts, Texas, and Washington. We are a remote-friendly work environment however and are able to hire full-time employees outside of these states as well.
What you'll do:
- Work collaboratively with client and project teams to design exceptional experiences that engage, inspire, and delight.
- Lead efforts across a user-centered design process including facilitating workshops, generating visual sketches, establishing product design look + feel, creating interactive prototypes, and delivering final design guidelines.
- Advocate for evidence-driven design by leveraging research insights to solve user needs.
- Conduct design research including stakeholder interviews and comparative audits.
- Put forward brave ideas and push past expected solutions to make something you love.
- Speak to clients and present your work in a variety of contexts.
- Participate across Blink’s design practice including brainstorming sessions, cross-team critiques, design team meetings, and professional development opportunities.
- Contribute to an inclusive culture where people feel respected, creative, and empowered.
What we are looking for:
- 5-7 years of visual design experience in UX/UI, product, or digital brand experiences.
- An openness for rigorous critique — giving and receiving feedback with optimism, clarity, and calm.
- An interest in emerging tech, the latest creative tools, and burgeoning design trends.
- A keen eye for detail.
- An ability to work collaboratively, both in person and digitally.
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can bring a lot to the role, we’d love to learn more about you.
Blink is the user experience firm for the world’s leading companies. We use evidence-driven design to create products that people use, love, and remember. With studios in Austin, Boston, San Diego, San Francisco, and Seattle, Blink brings two decades of experience to research, design, and strategy for clients such as Amazon, Microsoft, NASA, New York Times, Oculus, Robinhood, and Sonos as well as a range of smaller companies and fascinating start-ups.
Blink is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability.