Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
We’re looking for a Senior UX Researcher dedicated to improving how our customers onboard and start using and experiencing value from the full Toast platform. You will help us understand the highs, lows, and moments of opportunity throughout the customer journey. The goal: ensure that our customers are set up for success within their first 30 days, know where and how to seek out help when they need it, and eventually learn about and try new products that will help them grow their business. As a Toast UX Researcher, you’ll join a diverse, multidisciplinary team of problem solvers creating with purpose; to enable restaurants with the tools they need to do what they love and thrive.
Our future teammate is someone who is passionate about improving the experience of everyone working in a restaurant. You’re a systems thinker who loves untangling and making sense of complex problems that span human, digital and physical interactions. By collaborating with your business partners, you can create assets such as journey maps and service blueprints to uncover the most painful and impactful problems to solve.
About this roll* (responsibilities):
- You will collaborate with Product team leadership (Product, Design, & Engineering) to identify areas of confidence & risk in the product roadmap and craft a plan to address them
- You will create research plans that align methods and scope with business needs and technical constraints; craft materials for research activities such as moderator’s guides, surveys, and workshop templates
- You will conduct research sessions and synthesize findings, bringing your Product teams along throughout the process and sharing findings in the ways that will have the most impact for your team
- You will regularly share your work with the Research team to gather feedback, iterating on the deliverables to improve results; keep the wider UX & Product team informed about what you learn as it pertains to their work
- You will collaborate with the Research team to establish and promote consistent, rigorous research practices and standards; model and advocate for those standards on your Product team and promote research excellence across the organization
Do you have the right ingredients*? (requirements):
- Demonstrated ability to connect research strategy to a broader product vision, including identifying unarticulated research needs
- Demonstrated ability to bring research insights “home,” using persuasion & communication to drive user-centered strategy & design
- Deep and broad research toolkit - for this role we’re particularly interested in your strong generative research skills, but your toolkit should also include workshop facilitation, concept testing, unmoderated methods, evaluative research and measurement
- Experience with consumer mobile facing experiences, knowing what makes a consumer driven experience great
- Experience with helping teams learn fast and continuously
- Experience with in-person research methodologies (eg. field studies, contextual inquiry)
- Experience with unmoderated testing tools (ex., UserTesting) & survey tools (ex., Qualtrics)
- Experience conducting research in B2B2C environments with an ability to prioritize the relationship between customer and consumer
Special sauce* (nonessential skills/nice to haves):
- Your collaborative style inspires others to the point where people ask to work with you and your expertise and confidence have others seeking out your informed perspective.
- You’re passionate about maintaining a healthy work-life balance by scoping, setting expectations and maintaining your boundaries.
- You have a growth mindset - you see challenges as opportunities, believe feedback is a gift and can speak confidently about failures & what you learned from them.
Our spread* of Total Rewards (benefits):
- Flexible time off
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, dental, & vision coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- 100% paid childbirth recovery medical leave
- 16 weeks of 100% paid parental leave
- Eligibility for 100% paid medical or family leave
- Subsidized backup childcare
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Home office and telecommunications stipends
- Free access to Certified Financial Planners
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
*We love a good food/bread pun!
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].