SeatGeek believes live events are powerful experiences that unite humans. With our technological savvy and fan-first attitude we’re simplifying and modernizing the ticketing industry.
SeatGeek is building the future of live events. Whether it’s celebrating your favorite team’s victory, dancing to your favorite DJ with thousands of new friends, or enjoying your favorite Broadway show, one thing is for certain: nothing beats live. That’s even more true today than it was before the pandemic.
SeatGeek is a technology innovator on a mission to transform the $300 billion ticketing industry. Ticketing is complex; the variety of end users and UX flows makes for challenging and fascinating research work. The UX Research team sits under Product Design. Researchers work closely with designers, data analysts and product folks to create thoughtful interfaces informed by insights and empathy.
This role reports into our UX Research Manager and can be based at our beautiful NYC headquarters, or fully remote.
What you’ll do
- Produce actionable insights that inform design and development
- Design, conduct, and analyze product research, both foundational and tactical. You’ll own the research process end to end
- Guide product and design partners in applying insights to their work
- Collaborate closely with data analysts to answer questions and de-risk decisions using a mixed methods approach
- Share research insights in creative ways to increase empathy
- Mentor more junior researchers on the team and shape research team processes and culture
- Work with the research team to create methods for storing and organizing insights, tracking impact, and knowledge sharing
Who you are
- 4+ years of experience conducting research in user experience, product design, or technology contexts
- You have experience shaping product strategy with insights
- You’re comfortable creating and leading workshops, design studios, and analysis sessions with product teams and stakeholders
- You have an expert understanding of core research methods (exploratory interviews, concept testing, usability and impression testing, basic survey design and analysis, etc.)
- You’re driven to try and share new, innovative research methods
- You’re a great writer and a strong storyteller. You love sharing your work and you’re comfortable giving presentations
- You feel comfortable partnering closely with designers, product managers, and data analysts
- Equity stake
- Flexible work environment, allowing you to work as many days a week in the office as you’d like or 100% remotely
- A WFH stipend to support your home office setup
- Flexible PTO
- Up to 16 weeks of paid family leave
- 401(k) matching program
- Health, vision, dental, and life insurance
- Annual subscriptions to Headspace, Ginger.io, and One Medical
- $120 a month to spend on tickets to live events
- Annual subscription to Spotify, Apple Music, or Amazon music
SeatGeek is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, military or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. As an equal opportunities employer, we recognize that diversity is a positive attribute and we welcome the differences and benefits that a diverse culture brings.