Whether you’re watching the delivery of your grocery order on Instacart, looking at a gym on ClassPass, sending snaps on Snapchat, tracking your personal best on Strava, monitoring your gas budget on Metromile, or checking today’s forecast on The Weather Channel, Mapbox is the location and maps within those apps. We’re changing how people move by mapping the world in real-time. We are the developer platform for live location.
The Maps team builds services that are touching nearly 750 million monthly users; collecting 318 million miles of location and navigation data per day. The systems we maintain dynamically scale in response to global events and enable designers, developers, and analysts to create and share maps we’ve never dreamed of. Delivering maps means delivering a model of the world that captures the complexity of the world – writing systems, fonts, local regulations, global boundary disputes. And it changes in realtime at the speed of the world.
What You’ll Do
We are looking for a creative, data-driven marketer to join Mapbox as our lead Product Marketing Manager for our Maps portfolio focused on helping us drive product adoption. You'll help execute growth and marketing strategies to grow overall product adoption for our Maps business across multiple industries globally.You have a passion for understanding customers and representing their voice in product discussions, knowledge of product strategy and positioning, and experience with high growth products.
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of product launches and marketing strategies
- Manage strategic initiatives and programs to drive product adoption and help existing customers get more value out of Maps APIs and SDKs
- Lead marketing campaigns, improve campaign performance through continuous testing, and measure the performance of product marketing initiatives.
- Work with product teams to develop product positioning, value propositions, and messaging to be used in marketing campaigns and backed by customer research.
- Work cross-functionally with product, design, sales, support, etc. to launch new products and features, delivering high-quality messaging and collateral that communicates the value of new or enhanced functionality.
- Produce excellent content for customers — such as blog posts, guides, training, and best practice articles.
- Work proactively to deepen your understanding of the maps space, our key industries and most importantly our customers using Mapbox products.
- Be the trusted voice of sellers by surfacing insights to shape the product direction and marketing messaging.
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- 8+ years of experience driving Product Marketing: You are experienced in building go-to-market strategy, executing marketing campaigns by email, social, content marketing, ads, and other channels.
- Customer focus: You care deeply about your customers, their problems and work tirelessly to innovate and advocate on their behalf.
- An analytical approach: You are data driven and use your analytical skills to evaluate the success or failure of features and drive key learnings.
- Strong written and vocal communication skills: You can talk and write about complex ideas concisely to a wide audience. You crisply articulate context and rationale that helps bring along your teammates and stakeholders.
- Ownership and independent delivery of outcomes: Ability to develop and execute a plan based on high level direction for product growth goals.
- Technical curiosity: You love to grock new technologies and can communicate the product value to developer audiences.
- High standards for work: You deliver clearly written customer FAQs, blog posts, and various marketing content. You drive a culture of quality on the teams you work with and know how to drive healthy tension between quality and velocity.
- Strengthen others: Demonstrated ability to coach others in their work interfacing with customers.
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
- We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
- We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
By applying for this position, you acknowledge that you have received the Mapbox Non-US Privacy Notice for applicants, which is linked here. Completing this application requires you to provide personal data, such as your name and contact information, which is mandatory for Mapbox to process your application.
Mapbox is an EEO Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity